Friekorps test model

Talos

Finished my first Friekorp model on Tuesday. I dont know if I like the colour scheme, I did not have the right colours to try the offical scheme so I tried something else.

I think he may be a little dull, I gave him a second wash of blue and I think it dulled the highlights to much.

Any help on this model would be great. I think I need something extra to make him pop.

P1010281-1.jpg

P1010282-1.jpg

I really like the scheme, it looks like the whole armour is some kind of steampunk machine. If anything give it a few very thin green washes in patches so it defines it to the viewers as brass rather than just bling.

The blue looks cool, but I'm always a bit more into realistic paint schemes, If you do wash it I would add a tiny bit of black (very tiny, black is a really strong pigment) so it doesn't turn out too blue.

Agree with everyone on the armor. I like it how its done, but it could do with the wash treatment. I think the blue is solid but if you're into the brighter look like me then it could use another highlight - if you're more like Ratty then go his way. The only thing I might do different would be to make eyes a fiery orange color instead of the green.

The armour is just brass washed with black. I have given it a wash of orgyn flesh and it looks alot better. Thinking if I should highlight it with brass and then maybe sliver on highest points.

I changed the eyes to red and they look alot better. I am trying to make them look like glass but they eyes are to small for me to highlight them.

Thanks for the kind comments I was not really sure about this paint scheme.

If you can't highlight the eyes, you can do a simple highlight by just putting a dot of white on each lens - put it in an upper corner equidistant from the rim and the center - put it in the same spot on each eye. Once that's dry, coat the entire lens with a brush on gloss. It's not as nice as crazy highlighting, but it'll do the job at tabletop level.