Deliverence, 25th-26th June 2011, Cardiff UK

Dumb Luck

I think docking points would be a mistake, like James says if you do it at the start you risk skewing the field as there are a lot of strong players who have declared who would end up facing each other sooner than maybe necessary. If you do it at the end you may as well not do it at all as it won't have an effect on the ranking but may have an effect on final placement of players who have declared.

If it was me I'd just keep it "as is" and let the draw stand irrespective of Masters - not knowing doesn't change much other than a little pre-round one planning which is neither here nor there.

Naturally it's your call and you should do what you think is right, and I'm only chipping in as a supportive ex-attendee ;)

If it helps, Dai played LCB at the Northampton tourny.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt mind Magic's suggestion, it is inline with my first thoughts on giving them one last reminder before penalty is applied.

End of the day the tournament is about playing and having fun, final place is a bonus really, although i'm sure we would all like the prestige of winning ;)

I wouldnt mind Magic's suggestion, it is inline with my first thoughts on giving them one last reminder before penalty is applied.

End of the day the tournament is about playing and having fun, final place is a bonus really, although i'm sure we would all like the prestige of winning ;)

:ditto:

Changing the draw means some of you don't get to play new people.

If any of you guys know the guys who haven't submitted, give them a light poke in the ribs!

I've managed to email two of the guys. If I don't have any Masters for them by the day, I'll be docking a point. Sounds fair to me. It might effect results but everyone else managed to get masters in on time.

UPDATE!: I've got two of the Masters confirmed. An email has been sent to Dai Garland, with a message forwarded onto Mike. But he's playing Liam Coupland, so he can be left in the dark about his first foe. =)

And by the loooks of it, I'll be giving Bets Outcast to myself. Jus' cause.

Edited by Dumb Luck

UPDATE!: I've got two of the Masters confirmed. An email has been sent to Dai Garland, with a message forwarded onto Mike. But he's playing Liam Coupland, so he can be left in the dark about his first foe. =)

Now that's just not fair :P but very you, leaving me in the dark like that. Oh well it will make a change from your Gremlins at least.

Ill second that having played Dumb Luck's Gremlins far too many times to remember they can be very nasty in their hoards, dumb luck is nasty, calculated look more so, if you can't take ophelia in cc or range just avoid at all costs, concentrate on getting your objectives and denying theirs.

Edited by Bucket Monkey

Table 1: Mike Penberthy (Lucius) vs Liam Coupland (Lady J)

Table 2: Simon Cheyne (Rasputina) vs Craig Johnson (Marcus)

Table 3: James Doxey (Dreamer) vs James Blagden (Perdita)

Table 4: Andrea Davies (Colette) vs Adam Reeve (Hoffman)

Table 5: Richard Turner (Lilth) vs Richard Baker (McMourning)

Table 6: Ant Hoult (Kirai) vs Ashley Pinder (Colette)

Table 7: Dai Garland (Opheila) vs Steven Scurr (Colette)

Table 8: Samuel Rudland (Dreamer) vs Paul Hansell (Seamus)

Tablw 9: Mitch Harrison (Lady Justice?) vs Jo Melia (Lilth?)

That's the draw as it currently stands!

Edited by Dumb Luck