Proposed Dreamer List (25SS)

eturns

The 'bad dreams' box set should arrive at the end of next week so i've been considering what list to run and therefore thinking if I need to buy any extra models. I'm thinking of running the following, any comments?

1 Dreamer/LCB

2 Day Dreams

2 Alps

1 Coppelius

1 Stitched Together

I may get a teddy too so I can swap him in and out with Coppelius but he will have to wait a month or two.

I'd drop Coppelius in a 25ss crew, he's cool but a lot of SS. Plus you'll find 2x Alps isn't really enough - you need 3/4 on a target to get the best from them and they're quite squishy so you may find they die quickly (or at least one of them). I'd drop coppelius and run 5x alps, or drop a daydream and coppelius and run 4x alps and 2x stitched.

I would actually go a different route as Alps I think have a better place in larger games and I'm starting to favor the big Nightmares more and more over the smaller ones.

I would suggest:

Dreamer (5 cache)

Day Dream x2 (-4pnts)

Teddy (-9pnts) or Coppelius (-9pnts)

Stitched Together x2 (-10pnts)

Total: 23 with 7 Cache

Its a bit leaner, but meaner and Teddy could be swapped out for Coppelius. My preference for this list is that it has a more powerful activation. Alps are fine and all, but once your opponents learn how to deal with their tricks and danger they generally become 1 turn models. They will drop, do their thing, then get smeared :/

I prefer to leave them to bigger games so I have more support for them and can tie them in with Teddy/Coppy/the Twins. So for the smaller, I prefer the extreme hitting power of Teddy or the utility and Paralyze of Coppy depending on what Im up against. They are both melee, but do it in different ways with Teddy being tougher and harder hitting and Coppy being more utility and insidious.

I think it comes down to play style. But that list you have right now, will certainly work. This is just what I would prefer to play =)

I also have a very long and in-depth Tactica for the Dreamer, just follow the link in my Signature. It should give you a great walk-through of him and his units and prove useful to you.

THanks Karn. I'll try your list first (bonus of only having to buy the daydreams as an additional box) and see where it takes me.

Which is always a good thing at the start ;D Though I am rather sure you will end up owning all of the Nightmares before to long as they are all just fantastic.

I would actually go a different route as Alps I think have a better place in larger games and I'm starting to favor the big Nightmares more and more over the smaller ones.

I would suggest:

Dreamer (5 cache)

Day Dream x2 (-4pnts)

Teddy (-9pnts) or Coppelius (-9pnts)

Stitched Together x2 (-10pnts)

Total: 23 with 7 Cache

Its a bit leaner, but meaner and Teddy could be swapped out for Coppelius. My preference for this list is that it has a more powerful activation. Alps are fine and all, but once your opponents learn how to deal with their tricks and danger they generally become 1 turn models. They will drop, do their thing, then get smeared :/

I prefer to leave them to bigger games so I have more support for them and can tie them in with Teddy/Coppy/the Twins. So for the smaller, I prefer the extreme hitting power of Teddy or the utility and Paralyze of Coppy depending on what Im up against. They are both melee, but do it in different ways with Teddy being tougher and harder hitting and Coppy being more utility and insidious.

I think it comes down to play style. But that list you have right now, will certainly work. This is just what I would prefer to play =)

I also have a very long and in-depth Tactica for the Dreamer, just follow the link in my Signature. It should give you a great walk-through of him and his units and prove useful to you.

I'd go with this choice. Plus if you have the Alp models and take Copellius, they are pretty easy to summon I find. I take the above with Copellius and usually have three Alps out by the end of the game to finish off any bruisers that may be left.