Von Schill Tactica

Kurgan

What about the Librarian, Whatsicle?

In my first and only game with them I found her to be an impressive healer, but didnt really use her for much more than that. Well, I managed to once blast some models away with a well placed trigger, but once the action got to serious levels, there was only time for healing.

I have a 25ss tournament on 8 January, & as my Dreamer crew is nowhere near ready, I'm looking at running von Schill.

My (first draft) orbat is:

von Schill (3ss cache)

Librarian

Trapper

Hans

Convict 'slinger

It's obviously relying on firepower over brawn, but I'll be entering with zero games using the crew behind me. I have the box + Hamelin (rat catcher mode) painted & ready - with a second trapper coming in the mail - so I'm very open to any suggestions re tactics or crew line-ups.

Whoops! My bad on the 'Hard Ass'. Good eye, those who saw that!

As for the Librarian: She's another one I'm undecided about. She is pretty expensive, but that +1 control card is pretty nice, three healing flips a turn is also pretty awesome (Or the +def spell? Golden!), she's neigh impossible to kill with 'Slow to Die' going..

I've included her in every game, but so far she has yet to really shine like the trapper and Von Schill himself. Adds a bit more to the already high survivability, I suppose...

I've only proxied one game with the Freikorps, but my tactic for the trapper was to put him off on his own away from the cluster of others. My enemy then had to ignore him and get sniped all day or divert models to deal with him - away from the other Freiks. And by divert I mean footslog all the way up to him getting sniped the whole way. This gives the enemy the problem of how many Wd worth of models to divert? if the modle dies before killing him he keeps on sniping.

Here's the good bit: once the Trapper is dead, the enemy must footslogg over to the rest of the Korps getting shot at the whole way again.

Divide and Conquer!