First Malifaux Box Which Master

Random1

I am just starting in Malifaux, and would like peoples thoughts on which masters box to start with, at the moment there are only a 6-8 people playing and only with starter boxes , and what I want to know is which masters box is quick to learn but is also very straight forward and brutal , as I dont really want to have to finnesse around.

The boxes that the other players have got are Lady Justice, Perdita, Ramos, Kirai,Somer tooth.

Any suggestions would be great.

The three boxes I like the look of are Saemus,Leveticus and Von Schill.

So you would say Von schill for afirst box and then maybe later on after learning the game try Leveticus.Its just that i have read on these forums that the freikorps all have low wound counts.

My big problem is I dont want to get beaten from pillar to post as I will get sick of that very quickly and lose interest in the game.

So you would say Von schill for afirst box and then maybe later on after learning the game try Leveticus.Its just that i have read on these forums that the freikorps all have low wound counts.

My big problem is I dont want to get beaten from pillar to post as I will get sick of that very quickly and lose interest in the game.

They are not bad at all. They have a low wound count but have a decent defence. So people will be taking those wounds off less often. to be absolutely honest 6 wounds isn't that bad either.

I'm almost done painting up the von Schill box, & I can vouch that they are truly wonderful miniatures to work with.

Keep your paints thin (I'm using almost entirely inks) & the sculptors will have done the bulk of the work for you!

(Apologies for the mundane font. :bounce:)

:elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant:

(Apologies for the mundane font. :bounce:)

It's still serif, but it's much more readable. Could I suggest not using Book Antique but using Georgia instead it's much more readable on a monitor, due to it's design, it also has lower case numbers which automatically makes it cool.

Posted this in the other thread, figured it's better suited here than in the rules section:

Yea you can easily expand with Von Schill, nothing prevents you from hiring standard mercenaries.

You might also want to consider this: Only two of the models that Von Schill can hire, can ever be taken with Leveticus (Jack Daw and Killjoy, neither are in any of the boxes) - the Freikorps can be added to Seamus' crew as Mercenaries though (not sure of how well they work together, but they can be added).

All of the models in Seamus crew box can be taken by Leveticus aswell and so can most of the models you'd add later on.

None of the models in Leveticus boxset can be used by the other two.

But really, just take the one you like the best!

If you don't mind twisted rules then there's nothing bad about Leveticus, it just requires a different mindset to play him than what you might've tried in other wargames (but those twisted rules are one of the things that intrigues me the most about Malifaux).

There's less complexity in the other two sets.

Seamus is wellbalanced and I like to recommend it to others because it has room for learning more and more tricks with him (Seamus got alot of weird things going on for him that you'll eventually master).

Von Schill is the most straightforward crew of the three, the best thing I can say is that all of them (even Von Schill) can be taken by most other Masters - so even if you try them and find they don't suit your playstyle then you can still use the miniatures with most Masters (Leveticus, Hamelin, Jones and the other Henchmen are the exceptions). That and the fact that the models are gorgeous..

Can Someone Please give me some stats and abilities for the frie corps.

Seamus I have read in The Malifaux rulebook but I dont have rising powers, so I would just like to know a little about them.

No can do - I don't think Wyrd'd like it if we copied stats and abilities.