C-C-C-C-Combo Breaker

quotemyname

Just a general opinion thread:

What master / crew do you think is most friendly to a combo playstyle?

I ask because I have a friend I am trying to convince to play, and I'm looking for a crew that he would enjoy. So far, he's played some of the more straightforward masters like the Viktorias and Nicodem and chaffed against them. He's always been a fan of combos when he plays Magic The Gathering, so I figured this would be a good try.

Leveticus and Pandora from Book 1, and Colette, Hamelin The Plagued, Dreamer/ LCB and Kirai from Book 2. They all have various rule interactions/ combos that can produce rewarding and unexpected results.

Ok, I'm thrown. How do Leveticus and Pandora work together? Or The Dreamer and Kirai? The may have combos that would work together but I don't see anything in the rules that actually allows them to be on the same crew.

Leve requires soulless, construct or other stuff that Pandora isn't. And while Kirai allows for the hiring of spirits from other factions you don't hire masters. That should preclude The Dreamer then. Has there been a ruling I'm not seeing on this? My understanding is that masters have to be of the same factions or outcast to mix. Is this incorrect?

Ok, I'm thrown. How do Leveticus and Pandora work together? Or The Dreamer and Kirai? The may have combos that would work together but I don't see anything in the rules that actually allows them to be on the same crew.

FAIL!

On the thread note, I agree with someone mentioning Viks. They was/are/will always be badasses.

I feel nicodem is not a straight forward master. He has tons of combos that can happen. But my favorite combo masters thus far is Lilith. Having two matures turn one from two tatter tots is pretty good. Then Nekima a black blood shaman and lelu and lilitu by turn two and Lilith seems pretty broke. But I tend not to use this combo much. ;P

Thanks for the attention, guys. I'm a Neverborn player, and the other dedicated player in my area also plays Neverborn. I'm kind of loathe to create another main Neverborn player. Also, I don't need anyone else playing Pandora against me :P

He's tried Vik's. From what I gather, he just can't figure them out. They may have combos, but they play too straight forward for him to grasp is what I'm seeing. Too many of their combos end up with, "now hit things."

I agree Levi from book 1 would be a good choice. Problem is, he's one of the few masters that I don't yet have. And it would take me another $50+ just to assemble a crew for him that would, "do it right." However, I do have Kirai. I'm just getting my last few Seishin(sp?) in the mail soon, so I'll have a complete crew for her. And if he wants to move on to brawls, he can throw in my Nic crew for some nasty combos. I'll see what he thinks about getting started on her. I have no experience with her yet, but maybe he'll fall in love. Who knows.

Thanks all!

Colette relies alot on her control of the battlefield, and using her minions to the max extent possible. She might be a good one for your buddy to try out. Other than that, most of the combo-heavy and trick-heavy masters are Neverborn or Outcast. Guild is all pretty straightforward, as is Arcanist, and most of Res. (Kirai being the exception there)