Uploading an Avatar help

I resized the Avatar picture that I want to use so that it was the right size. Below is the message that I got. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

"The Dimension limits for this filetype are 100 x 100. We were unable to resize your file so you will need to do so manually and upload it again. Your file is currently 100 x 100."

It usually has to do with filetype. Even if your document is 100x100 pixels, it may still go over the 19.5k file size limit. If you have access to Photoshop, one great was of fixing this issue is the "Save for Web" option. It will show you various different formats you can save your picture in, and how much file space you will save on each.

For my current avatar, I reduced it to 100x100 pixels, but the file size was still floating around 27-35k as a jpg. I used the Save for Web option and it saved a new version as a different file type, was only about 4-5k, and looked virtually identical to the version that was 27-35k.

• 5 months later...