Seamus + Molly Squidpidge; discussion.

Sandwich

Is it just me or is she just a pain in the ass?

I won't say I'm speaking from any real experience, as I've only fielded her twice, and both times she has vastly underperformed.

Her (0) abilities are fairly useless, as Necrotic Spray, or whatever, doesn't really affect a battle's outcome, the one that gives her Terrifying ->14 would be nice, if she was worth attacking, and her Crying spell is completely useless, as she is, once again, never attacked.

She also has a Trigger for her WP that allows her to inflict 2 Wd to a losing opponent, but has no way to initiate a Wp duel.

Is she intended to simply stand there and be so annoying they're forced into attacking her so she can win a Wp - Wp?

It seems as if the only useful spell in her entire arsenal is Philosophy of the Uncertain, and even then, I feel its because it kills her.

As for her Totem, it seems decent, because it can make other things undead and cast Philosophy of the Uncertain, which, seeing as she can summon it, may not entirely be a bad thing.

I don't know, please, someone persuade me otherwise, because she really seems worthless to me.

- Extraodinary Dead

- Impossible Knowledge

- Terryfying

- Abilytiy to Summon Sybelle or another Belle wich she can do even better than Seamus.

- Reveal Phillip

- pityful (therefor its cool to have Twisted Mind)

- Whispered Secred

ALL superb Stuff!!

She makes the Belles even more speedful als they are so for... Then she fits in the Terryfing Playstyle with seamus. Both combined are realy realy nasty!

Terrible Secret - Negative Flips on defense is just.. Beyond nasty.

Imbue Vigor - Speed is always nice.

She can also cause a ton of morale duels on living enemies.

As of now I think she'll have a hard time outside Seamus and Kirai crews, but after Book3 I certainly expect her to be able to lead her own crew.

She's all about buffing, debuffing and survivability.

Haven't tried her either though, but I don't consider her weak at all when looking at her stat card.

Remind me what Impossible knowledge does?

I'd completely forgotten about Terrible Secrets, not too shabby.

And what Morale duels, aside from the Terrifying -> 14?

Granting a +3 walk is fancy, I must admit, but wasting 9 SS on a unit for that is silly.

She can only give Belles +2 walk if they're within 4" of her, so its not that good, aside from the first Activation phase, when you're moving into place.

Summoning Sybelle is stupid, she shouldn't die in the first place.

Pitiful is worthless to any opponent that's worth their salt, she's too useless to waste actions on.

I clearly need more playtime with Molly as I am obviously underestimating and neglecting her in some way, as everyone on the Forums seem to think she's amazing and I just do not see it.

I'm talking specifically in a Seamus + Molly build, as I'm sure there are certain masters she works stunningly well with.

It seems as though she and Seamus should go hand in hand, as she is his, Lore-ically speaking, and yet she doesn't. She obviously has abilities (Extraordinary Undead, Necrotic Spray) that specifically target Belles, yes, but she has almost NO synergy with Seamus or his crew beyond that.

I've never even bothered to look at her on paper until relatively recently, and the more I do, the less interesting she's become. There is almost nothing she brings to the table that lean my favor towards her over two Belles.

She has higher health, one higher defense, equal WP, and nothing else. You'd at least think she'd keep Distract and Undress to make her at least seem more useful that a Belle, no? Or maybe a damaging spell, or anything to bring to the table that Seamus, Copy Cat, Sybelle, and your Belles did not, but she doesn't.

I'm certain there are some masters out there that she goes amazing with, such as Leveticus, as you've mentioned, but why on Earth does she work so horribly with Seamus?

I absolutely love her, storywise, and I understand that horrors will be coming in book 2, but that does not effect her efficiency in any way, shape or form.

It's unfortunate, but after the last two matches I've had with her, I can safely say I will not be purchasing her model, at least not until I decide to buy a Leveticus box set.

Her ability to summon sybil or other belles means you don't have to buy them ahead of time. Hiring units that your crew can't make or summon and then summoning your typical crew during the game is a pretty strong ability.

Being able to gain (1) spells from anyone is also pretty useful.

Not to mention her totem can extend the philioshopy of uncertainty and she can summon another one after it sacrifices itself. That's a big deal. Once you kill a model that way your opponent will gun for her everytime. With Seamus able to reduce WP her pitiful duels have a better chance of causing wounds and burning through your opponents hand (giving you a better chance of pulling of slit jugular).

Edited by jmp_mydog

I honestly don't lose Sybelle, and if I do, it's for a good reason.

Spending two corpse counters to summon one Belle is still kind of iffy for me, though it does open up a (0) action, I suppose.

And I can see how they'd come after her if you instant kill one of their units with The Philosophy of the Uncertain.

Problem is, you're going to be 100% burning the Red Joker or something high as hell to cast it, and her totem is only rocking a four, which means if you're going to drop their master, they'll be cheating and popping stones too, and either way you end up sacrificing the totem.

It just really screams "Take two Belles and an extra Soul Stone!"

All I can say is I need to use her more and do some studying up, but she really looks like she's lacking in the department of Seamus utility for me.

Edited by Sandwich

Here's what I think: She's not fantastic in a standard seamus list, but if you took her, a couple belles, and then as many hanged as you can find, that's one hell of a terrifying list. your opponents are gonna be burning lots of cards for wp duels, and if they lose they fall back.

Man, it would be, but Extraordinary Dead is a 4" pulse that gives the them the +2 Wk so long as the initiate the walk action within that pulse. So the go from a maximum 8"(Belles of the Ball, Extraordinary Dead) to a 6" after one walk.

The other thing that sucks is that no one but Seamus can companion her, and it requires him to use his (0) Action, and for her, it really does require some setting up in a single activation in order to actually kill anything.

she has super survivability powers so i usually announce bodyguard Molly and force opp to attack her. i play her with levi usually as the free cc a turn is cool, but i rarely summon stuff with her, usually if i go last with her as uncontrolled crying is usually my zero besides necrotic spray. pitiful is what trigers wp duels just like kirai and like kirai she can use ss (i laughsat ppl who tried chargen her and failing because of henchman powers)

Molly is nigh on unkillable by anything short of a master and even then it's tricky, as well as the double negative attack and defense flip spell, the damage spell is pretty good as well, yes it might be low damage but when your opponent throws something hard at you and you can make it slow or even paralyzed it means that that big scary unit has been almost completely nullified for a turn. Use her to lock things in combat allowing Seamus continue to run around firing his flintlock at people etc, in the meantime molly should be fine and might even kill whatever she's in combat with. If she dies then use her slow to die to cast philosophy of uncertainty on whatever has just killed her.

Stargazer

Most definately, rocket Belles are lovely, yes.

But Molly costs 9 SS, and can make them move 2" faster so long as they are within 4" of her.

For 9 SS, you can get two additional Belles AND an extra soulstone.

Seamus works perfectly to make rocket Belles, and I'd prefer two more Belles with 6" Wk, than two less Belles with a single 8" Wk.

Molly is nigh on unkillable by anything short of a master and even then it's tricky, as well as the double negative attack and defense flip spell, the damage spell is pretty good as well, yes it might be low damage but when your opponent throws something hard at you and you can make it slow or even paralyzed it means that that big scary unit has been almost completely nullified for a turn. Use her to lock things in combat allowing Seamus continue to run around firing his flintlock at people etc, in the meantime molly should be fine and might even kill whatever she's in combat with. If she dies then use her slow to die to cast philosophy of uncertainty on whatever has just killed her.

Stargazer

You sir, are lovely.

I'll certain try that.