Coilette, Queen of the Ronin

Raintar

Found a cool thing you can do with Coilette which involves summoning Ronin.

What you need: Coilette, 6-8 soulstones, max doves, one Ronin on the board

Keep Coilette in the corner, her only job is to summon Ronin. Turn one you summon two Ronin using the Doves as your soulstones. Keep soulstone manipulating to get more. Turn two you can get another Ronin.

So the math it looks like this:

Coilette Starts with 6-8

Soulstone Manipulation for a soulstone, Summon Ronin, Reactivate, Soulstone Manipulation for a soulstone, Summon Ronin (get up to max 8SS/10SS in a brawl with Soulstone Manipulation)

Use two doves as soulstones and that's the 10 you need to summon two Ronin.

Is it good? Maybe, cool though.

Edited by Raintar

Doves cost 2SS and count as 1SS..

How can it ever be considered efficient to hire three of them for 6SS, only to sacrifice them all and another two SS during the first turn to summon a Ronin?

The summoned Ronin in effect costs 8SS, hired as mercenaries they are 6SS.. Eh..?

Also.. You can make 2SS at the most every turn with Colette unless you actually kill something with her, that is only 2/5th of the summoning cost for Ronins.

You get your fourth Ronin at turn 3 at the best.

I might've missed your point entirely, but I certainly don't consider this viable at all.. :S

Doves cost 2SS and count as 1SS..

How can it ever be considered efficient to hire three of them for 6SS, only to sacrifice them all and another two SS during the first turn to summon a Ronin?

It may be that the Mechanical Doves are just a way to get over the 8/10 Scrap/Brawl Soulstone limit. Still, you are right that it would be cheaper at to just recruit a Ronin for 6ss.

Also.. You can make 2SS at the most every turn with Colette unless you actually kill something with her, that is only 2/5th of the summoning cost for Ronins.

With enough of a Soulstone reserve you could pump out a Ronin every other turn and have Soulstones left over for other uses. Once a turn would would burn through soulstones way too quickly.

Turn 1, Pool: 8ss + Soulstone Manipulation:2ss = 10ss.

Turn 2, Pool: 10ss + Soulstone Manipulation:2ss - Always For Hire 5ss = 7ss + 1 Ronin Summoned.

Turn 3, Pool 7ss + Soulstone Manipulation:2ss = 9ss

Turn 4, Pool 9ss + Soulstone Manipulation:2ss - Always For Hire 5ss = 6ss + 2 Ronin Summoned.

Turn 5, Pool 6ss + Soulstone Manipulation:2ss = 8ss

Turn 6, Pool 8ss + Soulstone Manipulation:2ss - Always For Hire 5ss = 5ss + 3 Ronin Summoned.

Okay, so starting with 8 Soulstones you have about 5ss that you can use for other things. But what are you using these Ronin for? Maybe guarding your opponent's objectives for Destroy the evidence. Maybe your opponent has Slaughter.

Although an interesting idea, I don't think I'll see people using Colette as a Ronin Factory very often. I always liked getting Colette into melee anyway because she is a badass with Magician's Duel.

The one thing that I do like about the Ronin (and it applies to non-Outcast crews who can hire Ronin) is you can recruit 1 Ronin for 6ss, then summon 1 Ronin with Always for Hire on turn one for 5ss. This will save 1ss if you really want 2 of them.

It's much better to hire more Ronin earlier on. In your list you should hire two of them on turn 1 and an extra on turn 3. I feel that you lose too much in terms on action points and activations if you hire them like you suggested.

I still don't think it's a viable tactic at all though.

Also.. I don't think hiring a Ronin for 6SS and then summoning one for 5SS is a good idea.

Cost of summoning: 5SS + 1AP on master + 1 AP on Ronin (slow), and even more importantly: Max SS Cache of 3SS thereafter (with most Masters anyway).

3SS is a very low cache I think..

Huh..?

Mercenaries: You may hire up to two models with the Mercenary characteristic from other factions.

Rare #: For Scraps, your Crew may not hire or have in play more of this model than the number listed with the Rare characteristic.

I'm fairly certain you could summon a third Ronin like this.

It's much better to hire more Ronin earlier on. In your list you should hire two of them on turn 1 and an extra on turn 3. I feel that you lose too much in terms on action points and activations if you hire them like you suggested.

I still don't think it's a viable tactic at all though.

The Ronin Factory scenario in my last post is an analysis Raintar's idea.

Although it technically works I don't think it is a viable tactic either.