Rising Powers Reference Cards

Cenotaph

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello there!

I agree that tabletopgeek's download section has so much stuff right now that some new reorganization should improve it.

Besides that, I've got a request for Cenotaph/Ratty on those exceptional cards and counters they've done; those I used last night with my gaming group and the general consensus were that they really quicken the game and the art is great.

The only drawback on them for us is that only the turn deck has the reverse of each card perfectly set, so it's easily printable on both sides. This doesn't happen on the rest of the cards [ Terrain | Schemes | Strategy | Locations | Events ], and we'd love to have them with a reverse logo or some other art, to make different decks for each.

If the reverse was different for each type, maybe one color for each deck, or even just Event, Terrain... typed, that would help to diferenciate them all.

And sorry for all this begging, but are you planning on making some spell and habilities effect counters? I'm talking about Falling Back, Slowed, Paralized, Insignificant...

Many many thanks in advance for all your efforts and great job!!

The reason for them not having backs was that laminating is expensive and non protected cards won't last long so I was assuming a lot of people would slot them into colour backed card sleeves anyway. It wouldn't take much to design a card back for them though. I'll give it a try.

The reason for them not having backs was that laminating is expensive and non protected cards won't last long so I was assuming a lot of people would slot them into colour backed card sleeves anyway. It wouldn't take much to design a card back for them though. I'll give it a try.

We've been laminating most stuff, even counters, but still have not done that on those decks, hoping for some future backs done for them.

Thanks again!! notworthy.gif

P.D.-- Btw, there's another post with people asking for Defensive Stance counters... :whistle:

OK I've got the backs up now at

http://nezumi.me.uk/Malifaux_Card_Backs_Ratty.pdf

For the Schemes, I've designed 5 different backs, as it is possible that people will want 2, and if I'm doing 2 I might as well do a set of backs in each faction colour. You will need to print whichever one you decide you want 5 times to get enough backs for a Scheme Set. Though you could of course only print some of the cards, for example the Core & Ressurectionist schemes in which case you might need less backs.

example_Backs.jpg

The Card Backs are up on Tabletop Geeks.

Ratty, thank you for that, I had just realized that I was going to need card backs for them as I laminate everything. These look amazing!

As far as laminating... you can buy a laminator on Amazon for $34 ( http://amzn.to/dwxPBk ). Then you just need to buy laminator pouches and you can laminate everything. I laminate my stat cards, reference sheets, and soon all of these reference cards now that they have backs. :)

Well, I am always open to ideas on how to make the downloads section better/easier to read. I've been thinking about re-organizing it but I'm not sure what the best way would be yet.

One thing I'd like to see is some kind of date next to the links to now what has been updated when. Whenever I go there I'm not sure what's been updated since the last time I checked so I just download everything again so I don't miss any changes.

One thing I'd like to see is some kind of date next to the links to now what has been updated when. Whenever I go there I'm not sure what's been updated since the last time I checked so I just download everything again so I don't miss any changes.

Go to the downloads page and mouse over the Rising Powers Full Reference sheet. ;) I think you'll be pleased.

Hmm, if I print them on regular letter sized cardstock off the PDF would they look funny? I'm not 100% sure if my printer can do A4 and I didn't see any good A4 cardstock. :-/

As long as you set Page Scaling to 100%, it shouldn't matter. It won't be center of page, but everything SHOULD be in the printable area. Best advice is just print off the first page, and see how it comes out. All the other pages will print the same.

Morgan Vening

Ratty, how about new markers for Halloween? I think that Wyrd is watching closely this thread, as I pointed out there are no 40 mm counters, they've just made one for story.

And do I need to write up the list for effect for Malifaux? Is this something you will consider making in a nearby future?

Thanks ahead man, you made the best gaming aid ever for something that I'm playing, and I'm playing games non-stop for 15 years.

List of new stuff:

40 mm Cauldron Witch x1

40 mm markers (thick wood, bayou, ruins) x2

30 mm Brew component x 12

30 mm Shrine marker x4

40 mm ALtar marker x1

30 mm Apparation (6 for start, but if I understand correctly, 4 every turn)

50 mm The Carver x1

Those are great encounters, I can't wait `till the end of the month.