need help with a Marcus List (new Beasts)

Koali

Hello,

I´m looking forward to try out some of the neu Toys Marcus gets in Book 2...

Rogue Necromancy and Shikome

While we are playing mostly 30 SS Scraps here in Bonn

there are not many Points left for other Stuff...

So i can not decide which Variant is the best to playtest... :)

I have 4 Lists that come to my mind...

but feel free to make show me other Variants...

List 1

Marcus (4 SS Cache)

Jackalope 1

Molemen 3

Shikome 8

Waldgeist 6

Rogue Necromancy 10

2 Soulstones for the Cache...

Liste 2

Marcus (4 SS Chace)

Shikome 8

Rogue Necromancy 10

Waldgeist 6

Convict Gunslinger 6

ODER

Liste 3

Marcus (4 SS Cache)

Jackalope 1

Myranda 7

Shikome 8

Rogue Necromancy 10

Molemen 3

1 SS for the Cache...

Last but not least a List hoping for Myrandas Shapeshift to test Shikome...

Liste 4

Marcus (4 SS Cache)

Jackalope 1

Myranda 7

Waldgeist 6

Rogue Necromancy 10

Convict Gunslinger 6

What do you think about the lists...

I tryed to get some Silurids in there but the Waldgeists and teh Gunslinger seemd for me the better Pack....

The socond problem is, that in all lists there are not much SS für Marcus... so he will be killed pretty easyly... and has to rely on Shikome to help him hit something realy hard and good...

Have you used Marcus litte new Toys yet?

What are your impressions?

Show me how to fit in this Silurids...?

Something like this?

Marcus

Jackalope 1

2x Silurids 10

RN 10

Shikome 8

- 1SS in the Cache

Everytime i played with 2 Silurids the wasted realy fast...

3 Are the better choice... hmmm...

But they dont realy fit...

I´m also missing a Waldgeist in there... :)

Edited by Koali

Well one way would be..

3 silurids, 3 * 5 15

Shikkome 8

= 23

with the rest probably scheme dependent, molemen for slow defense, and two more signifigant figures, or a Waldegiest if there is a forest, or possible a convict gunslinger.

Marcus, the three silurids and the shikome can very easily be moved around the board in a very short time. 2 Malifaux raptors are also a possibility in this list, if you are wanting to get Alpha off.

Well 18 of your 30 points on two models does leave very little spare...

Unless you're especially wanting to try the two out together, I'd give them their own playtest game. Its easier to focus on what each unit does that way.

There are some schemes that are really going to struggle with the low model count that you are looking at, molemen just are too slow to support this list.

Personally I'm interested in Myranda furious casting spells from several different beasts, the RN flaming one does look tempting, as does the lawyer, and from the cards wording, I can pick which spell after I cast her spell (Don't remember it being erratad, but it may be) so mor interested in say Myranda, RN and the lawyer, or the Shikome list Imentioned earlier to keep everythign moving fast

I'm intereseted in the way the Sikome function with Marcus. They look pretty good to me, especially with my play style. Are there any major pitfalls I should be looking for?

Also, this looks like a great transformation for Myranda. Most of the good stuff appears to be talents. Has anyone tried this yet?

I found that Molemen are really powerful in any list involving Marcus. At 30 SS I run: 2 Shikome, 3 Molemen, Jackalope, Marcus 8SS. 2 Shikome so they can Hunting Partner 2 different units so you're not forced into anything with Marcus, also you can hunting partner the Jackalope in which is funny and effective.

I honestly think Myranda is an auto-include for any Marcus list. Her flexibility is far too important to replace with anything else.

Molemen are huge support for Marcus. Run at least one. But be mindful that I would use this model purely defensively.

Don't bother with Silurids. As a mostly Neverborn player, I've never been impressed with them.

The Shikome (if it is what I'm thinking it is, I don't have the Rising Powers models memorized yet), sounds like a good buy. Maybe even two of them.

Rogue Necromancy - No. I would not include this model in a Marcus list. It is a killing machine, true. It is expensive, also true. For the same price you could buy Myranda and a Mole Man. I see the RN as being a "win more" model for rezzers (summoned late game when there is nothing more to do but win more than you already are), not a combat slave for Marcus. I feel like you would get much more mileage out of those 10ss buy hiring just about anything else.

If you are bringing along Myranda more for her to shapeshift into a shikome then I suggest just paying the extra ss and getting another shikome. Myranda can't gain the benefits of the hunting feature until she can take the (all) action to declare a model as her prey.

Also while the waldgeist are awesome with forests, if there isn't a forest the SS can really be used towards better models (like the Malifaux raptor ;P)

Guys, unless there is new ruling I missed then you wouldn't need to bring two Shikomes in a Marcus list to get Hunting Partner. The bonus says target friendly beast, not target friendly Shikome. So in a Marcus list you could give the bonus to pretty much anything. Having a pair of Shikome to gain Hunting Partner is only required when running her with Kirai because, chances are, the Shikome are the only beasts you would have with her. So, you could bring just one Shikome with Marcus and make, say, a Sabertooth her partner.

Anyway, I must agree with Adran. It would probably be best to try out the models in different lists. The two don't have so much synergy that they would require each other anyway. Sure, you could make the RN the Shikome's partner, but that is just silly and rather unnecessary. In a 30 soulstone game, 18 points for two models is a pretty big investment no matter how good they are. You really would be better off testing the RN in one list and the Shikome in another instead of trying to cram both into one list, especially at such a low point game.

• 1 month later...

The second Shikome is so you can hunting partner two different units.

On the subject of Myranda, I personally take her almost every game. She does so much and she does things that no other beast does.

I actually shifted her into a shikome last game against lilith for increased mobility and survivability.

I also don't suggest trying out shikome and RN in the same game. I'll be trying out RN in my next game against Ramos.

Edited by Aquamaniac