Adepticon 2011 MAlfiaux event updates

nilus

Hey Guys and Gals,

Just wanted to give you all an update on whats going on with Malifaux at Adepticon. Things are still in the very early planning stages but this is what I know so far.

1) There will be two Tournaments.

A) A 40 Soul Stone Brawl, 4 rounds, 24 people, most likely on Saturday(probably going all day started around 10 AM)

B) A 35 Soul Stone Scrap, 3 Rounds(or 4 depending on number of people and time), 24 people,most likely on Sunday

2) Demos and open gaming Friday and assuming I get some volunteers willing to skip some of the Tourney Saturday and Sunday

3) Adepticon is very into fully painted armies. Even the Warmachine events all have a requirement that everything be painted. So there will most likely be a requirement that all models be painted(three color standard) for the Malifaux tourneys.

4) There will be a painting contest with each tourney.

A) For the brawl the theme will be best painted pair of Masters.

B) For the Scrap the theme is best painted Minion

• 3 weeks later...
if you play in the cake tournament on friday there will be some delicious prizes!!!!

~I need to see if i can get this to be an official event.

Let me see what I can do. Do we want it to be a Friday night tourney?

How big do we want to make it?

I can see if we can get some space for it.

Friday night would be optimal.

Only needs to be one round long.

3 memer team VS 3 member team. Which ever team wins two out of the three games wins.

(everyone needs to bring cake with them just in case thier team is the losing team.)

Losing team gives winning team a cake. Then because it would not be very nice to enjoy a delicious cake infront of folks that dont have any cake the winners should give the cakes they brought to the loosers.

This "tourny" is more of an excuse to eat cake and play malifaux then it is anything else. But if we can get some cool participation prize out of it then hey!

I think tables for 8 teams would be more than enough.

and if folks wanna come and enjoy the time they can bring drinks to share and we will let them eat cake!! yeah!!!

Okay I talked to Rich and got this added for Friday night at 8 PM

Malifaux Cake Team mini-tournament

Come on by Friday night to play a casual game of Malifaux and compete for the most delicious prize of all….CAKE. Form a team of 3 players and play one battle each against another team. The team with the most wins gets the losing teams tasty cake. The winner will then present the loser with their cake as a condolence prize for losing. Teams are required to bring a cake like baked good to the tournament. Stone amount, strategies, schemes and other rules to be agreed upon by each group of teams at the start of the tourney.

Should be a fun time. Not sure how much official support Adepticon will throw in. Probably just some certificates but I can see what I can swing on my end as well. Mostly this is about eating cake and playing Malifaux.

Also note that since this is a casual play sorta event there will be no official person acting as Rules Marshal (Basically because I want to play :) ). I figure any rules disputes that might crop up can be handled by intelligent discussion, card flipping or if all else fails..Arm Wrestling.

Okay I talked to Rich and got this added for Friday night at 8 PM

Malifaux Cake Team mini-tournament

Come on by Friday night to play a casual game of Malifaux and compete for the most delicious prize of all….CAKE. Form a team of 3 players and play one battle each against another team. The team with the most wins gets the losing teams tasty cake. The winner will then present the loser with their cake as a condolence prize for losing. Teams are required to bring a cake like baked good to the tournament. Stone amount, strategies, schemes and other rules to be agreed upon by each group of teams at the start of the tourney.

Should be a fun time. Not sure how much official support Adepticon will throw in. Probably just some certificates but I can see what I can swing on my end as well. Mostly this is about eating cake and playing Malifaux.

Also note that since this is a casual play sorta event there will be no official person acting as Rules Marshal (Basically because I want to play :) ). I figure any rules disputes that might crop up can be handled by intelligent discussion, card flipping or if all else fails..Arm Wrestling.

I'll be there. I might be able to get my 40k team tournament teamies to participate even!

Cake is always delicious.

Just to let people know, there IS a Target (is it a Target? Regardless, it sells food like grocery items!) right by the usual hotel/convention/tournament center. I mean literally right by, within walking distance.

d

Just to let people know, there IS a Target (is it a Target? Regardless, it sells food like grocery items!) right by the usual hotel/convention/tournament center. I mean literally right by, within walking distance.

Yep, the hotel/convention center basically shares it space with the Yorktown shopping center. So there is a Target literally across the parking lot as well as a Mall within walking distance(also a movie theater and lots of places to eat). So plenty of places to acquire tasty cake :)

Edited by nilus

I am pretty sure you could also bribe your way into a rules win with delicious cup of cold milk to wash down the cake!!

for an example..... Oh i flipped a 7 of tombes.... for a some o' dis milk i do believe that 7 turns into an 11 and that book turns into a crow!!! lol

And thanks for getting this event to be official-ish nilus!!!