Levi and Molly

gunpowder saint

Viable? Fun? Terrible Idea? Brilliant Idea?

I finally swallowed my pride and have begun to branch out to factions other then the guild, and in this case, The Outcasts. My next purchases will be the Levi Box Set, and the Viktoria's Box Set. I researched all the latest rulings over Levi, he can't kill himself with spells so just have Alyce or someone kill him at the end of the turn.

So now I ask, Molly, is she viable? She's SF, which give you access to bigger and better undead baddies. Not to mention with her Necrotic Machine all the fun you can have with that :] I think it'll open alot of doors for Levi.

Molly is viable, but like Levy, she has a bit of a learning curve.

Having her in your crew would ditch the hiring restriction on the number of Horrors you could hire. BUT they still have to be constructs or undead for Leveticus to hire them. So if say 1 of them was not for whatever reason, he could not hire them.

But viable, oh yes she is. Just a little different from a lot of other models you may have tried.

FYI, Levy can kill himself with one of his spells (Desolation) and can kill him self with Death's Leasons (Via the errata). He doesn't need to kill himself with anything else because he suffers 1 wd at the start of each closing phase which is perfectly timed to trigger his rebirth. So he doesn't need someone to kill him 90% of the time as long as he has a target to cast at. The trick is always keeping him within range of a target yet not letting him die to early in a turn.

Edited by karn987

I meant suit requirement on copying the spells.. Even if it's a (0) action and 5+ Ca value it has to be a crows and you have to continously copy the spell. I just think it's a too high card drain to reliably use it several times in a game.

Every crow is useful for Molly for her defensive triggers.

what do you mean card drain, its manditory to discard your hand with levi so its not like you can save your stuff. also you can just use other suit high cards for her pitiful checks if you dont have the crows for her df trigger. also you run 8 cards with levi, so coppying unatural wasting isnt a bad idea, also i only use a coppied spell 2 or 3 times in a game and never really had a problem with it.

@dakrulz: I consider everything that most likely require you to cheat a card a card drain. It is true though that you will probably find that spare 5+ crow more often with Leveticus, because as you said you cycle through alot of cards - so her copying spells might actually be more viable/reliable when she's run with Leveticus.. Hmm..

@Matamane: Not as efficient and rather limited to what she can summon currently, but much easier to pull off than most other summoning skills currently in the game.

Ie. takes two counters, currently three models to summon and takes a fairly low card.

how low a card, and is it 2 corpse counters, or 2 body parts?

Sorry, loaned my book to my friend who wants to start?

8:crows+ and 2 corpse counters and you get the choice of a belle (currently a rotten belle or sybelle) or a necrotic machine as there are no horrors with a base size of 30mm.

Edited by dakrulz55