How many counters

cullyn1189

A little request for those people who have more experience of the game with all the different crews.

I want to really get into malifaux after the first couple of games i had trying it out against my brother and now i want to make sure i have any necessary counters for any game that could really come up.

I plan on having access to every model option (*have all of them that are released to date*) and will most likely be playing different faction to my opponent each game.

My request for people with more experience is, especially with the new counters introduced in book 2, how many counters will i want to have available of each type?

So far i have made 3 blast markers, 6 ice pillars, 2 flame pillars, 15 blood counters, 15 body part counters and an illusionary forest. I also have the bases for making 15 corpse counters and 15 scrap counters.

Anyone able to give ideas for the others needed it would be greatly appreciated.

You might want a couple more ice pillars. (A friend and I played a game with 'Tina, and he had her cranking those things out like crazy, even with me knocking them down.)

Maybe the same for the flame pillars.

As for the others, it probably depends on how big the games you're expecting to play will be. (How many players/how many ss per game.)

The crew can only make 2 pillars per round, and they tend to go down fast... have you really seen more than 6 in play? On a side note, don't forget to make something to serve as the severe terrain hey create when they get destroyed.

I thought there was something in book 2 that can make them now too. And yes I have seen tons in play.

Cheers for the replies so far. I had originally thought of making 12 ice pillars but seeing some on here saying 6 would be enough i stopped at that point.

To add a bit of further info the majority of games would be two player, three would be very rare. Game size i would tend to want to stick around the 25-35ss point in most cases.

Ice Pillars do tend to get knocked down fairly fast, but that game I mentioned had 4-5 up most of the time, until I managed to knock down enough of my opponent's crew to concentrate more attacks on the pillars.

I figure if you've got a dozen or so, you should be okay. (You probably won't need than many (unless you've got some 'Tina on 'Tina action going or something), but better to make a bunch while you're doing it anyway than run out later.

In the end i came up with the following list, if anyone spots any obvious lacking please say so. I picked the number 15 even though in some cases (*eye counters*) i know i shouldn't get close even.

1x treasure counter, 6x snare markers, 15x corpse counters, 15x body part counters, 6x shafted markers, 15x scrap counters, 14x ice pillars, 4x power counters, 15x eye counters 15x blood counters, 1x illusionary forest, 20x poison counters, 15x blight counters, 15x burning counters, 5x dynamite markers, 3x claim jump markers, 3x destroy evidence markers, 3x supply wagon markers and 16x 50mm flame markers (for growing fire and flame walls)