Swamp Bases

redarkham

I did mine using green stuff. I smoothed a ball out over the base and used the end of a brush to make small indents. For bubbles I'd roll out a ball of green stuff.

Water effects and inks give it it's swampy finish.

Nothing fancy but it got the job done.

007-1.jpg

These look great... I never used balls of GS, due to cost, but I have used different sized bearings and beads in the past on bases for gas bubbles...

I got my greenstuff from a hardware store. Plumbers putty. It's the exact same stuff everyone else sells but for half the price and twice the length. Sadly Home Depot keeps putting the local Mom and Pop stores out of business so I may have to resort to the modeling version soon :(

SOLUTION: Get Home Depot to stock it... Kneadatite (Greenstuff) would be cheaper this way also, or more readily available.

I buy mine from an aussie online store for 3' its about $30, less than half GW/Hobby prices.

At my local Bunnings [AUS] you cannot get it and they dont know what it is, however, there is an alternative that sets relatively fast (<5min) called Kneadit by Selleys. It is toxic, so wear gloves or wash your hands well afterwards, but it is great for sticking things down or adding depth and detail to bases before flocking.