My gremlin painting diary

Tiny

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks alot guys :) Just a quick update, just got back from my first malifaux tournament, managed to snag best painted as well as coming 3rd, was a shoe in for 1st if the game when another turn, but we had to pack up an hour early (boo!), that would have seen men snag a 2nd nightmare scale lord chompy bits! Got that malifaux colouring book and both packs of the art of malifaux and some tokens, chuffed! Cant wait for the next tourney.

*disclaimer there was 4 people at the tourney

@omenbringer, yeh mate i saw yours before i even started this diary :P I like the one mid suck the best.

OK teeth is a couple of highlights away from being done, heres how he stands at the moment:

teeth.jpg

So managed to paint 49 soulstones of gremlins in one month! Pretty chuffed here's how the crew is looking at the moment:

crew.jpg

crew1.jpg

next up is the 5 new gremlins just waiting for the weather to clear up so i can spray them and get stuck in, thinking rami will be first up as he is by far the most devastating of the lot he took down so many big nasty's at the tournie single handedly!

So far for next crew the votes stand at 1 for zoraida.

Thanks daemonkin, hopefully this inspires you to start yours up. Seeing them all painted definitely makes it worthwhile!

Oh also the choices for crews were out of rasputina, zoraida, pandora or possibly ramos as ill probably buy that one next but already own teh first 3

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, ive been plugging away at these guys again, after exams have finished, i've got a tourney tomorrow which i dont think ill have them all painted by unfortunately.

heres what they were like before today:

DSC_0165.jpg

and im gonna call it a day with them looking like this, its around half done:

halfway.jpg

Hey thanks for the positive comments everyone!

The jeans are really simple.

Shadow grey (this is the older gw one not sure if its changed at all but my bottle has a white lid like the ones 10 years ago or so)

Then a wash of badab black (use sparingly)

then highlight with shadow grey

then shadow grey with the smallest touch of bleached bone.

As sensational as this crew looks here - and as cliched as the next part of this oh-so-familiar sentence is going to be - they are even more jaw droppingly beautiful irl.

And Tiny has spared no expenses in obtaining an incredibly unique and distinctive set of carrying cases, which so perfectly encapsulates the very definition - nay, the very soul - of any Gremlin crew. Certainly at the tournament today, every player present was drawn irrevocably in to commenting on them.

He'll just have to post pics of them, as mere words would do them no justice.

:musicus:

So up next ive almost done rami, these photos are horrible not sure why the colours and highlights are getting washed out, especially on the piglet.

rami1.jpg

rami2.jpg

Next up is my WIP pere, he'll be my first shot at OSL, im going to try and go for subtle lighting instead of making it really stand out. Really hope it doesnt mess up the whole model though.

pere1.jpg

pere2.jpg

I'll be changing the colour of the snake, as most people dont seem to like the yellow snake. As always C&C welcome!