Learning to Raise the Dead (Starting Ressurectionists)

Stomphoof

Hello my fellow necromancers! Originally, I was going to join the Guild, but then I came to my senses, and decided to embrace the dark powers.

My only problem? Where to start!

I like McMourning, but I hear his box starter is bad.

I like Seamus alot, but his belles terrify me...

What would you, the experienced Necromancers of the world, suggest I do?

Yeah nicadem is good, its who i run, but he is not a fighter, instead he just paralizes what he needs to kill and he can boster undead to make models like Bete and punk zombies into melee monsters.

Semus is a great boxset the only undead that is mostly playable out of the box, i would just by his totem and then you have an intresting starting list that is turnament ready. You might throw in a model or two down the line but he is the best out of the box.

I would go

Mcmorning

Totem 1

Sebastian 6

Canine rem 2

Canine rem 2

Canine rem 2

Canine rem 2

Bete, or two crooked men or two punk zombies dependig on what you want to play. (9-10)

Hope this helps.

If you are starting with Seamus then I would suggest picking up a model or two that can put out some serious damage. Seamus and the belles can control the battlefield but you are going to have a hard time bringing down some of the tougher models in the game. Punk zombies and Bete Noire wouldn't be bad first additions to make to your new Redchappel Gang.

Well depending on how you feel about sacrificing your own models, Killjoy is exactly 12 points and he adds a whole level of hurt to the box. On the other hand though a Flesh Construct and a Punk Zombie cost the same amount at face value and don't end up costing yourself any models on the field.

Lemme tell you, Punk zombies work just amazingly with Seamus' belles.

Essentially, they have an action where if they spend their entire activation attacking in melee (no moving) they get a free attack, and as it is their melee combat is brutal. Belles can drag models towards them with ease. A good tactic is dragging models towards the belles so that they run into the punk zombie (putting him in front of the belle) and then activating the punk to cut them to ribbons.

I usually like to have 1-3 more. They're good with him to help him boost his shots. CB of 5 and wanting to have no negative flips on the damage is pretty important so you can cheat.

I also usually only start with 1 rotten belle in play so that I can summon the other 2 as I play. I usually start with Sybelle, copycat killer, rotten belle and 2 punk zombies. This gives you 3 extra stones. Works pretty well. You can also trade out a punk zombie for a convict gunslinger and 2 extra stones rather then 3.

• 2 weeks later...