Question on Seamus.

Sandwich

For just a general 35 point scrap; scheme notwithstanding.

My starting lineup has currently bee,

Seamus - 2pt cache

Madame Sybelle - 6 points.

Mortimer - 7 points.

Copy Cat Killer - 2 points.

And Rotten Belle - 4 points x3

I'm thinking of a few different things I could tamper with,

One being swapping a Belle or two for a Convict Gunslinger and some bonus SS.

Though that isn't why I'm posting.

Whether I take the convict or not,

Is it good to pair Seamus and Mortimer up to factory out several Belles before really engaging anything?

If no, please feel free to give me a better strategy. :D

You'll probably get a better response for this in the "ressurectionist" subforums, but i'll throw in my two cents.

I've never played Seamus myself, but I've played against him a few times, and canine remains make an absolutely killer factory with Seamus. Have one dog move up, another follow it and kill the first dog(they kill each other on moderate damage flips) and then have Seamus move up and cast Arise. Take enough dogs to use this whenever you have the appropriate card to cheat in.

Mortimer is good to companion the dogs if you want to keep him, but I personally highly recommend Bete. Whenever your opponent kills a Belle, Bette Noir shows up, and Seamus can raise the Belle on his next action. This can be a very frustrating army to deal with, I find killing Seamus is the best option but Seamus is an absolute monster and heals himself incredibly efficeintly.

You're only using 28ss out of your 35. You could add a Convicy Gunslinger without sacrificing anything and still have a stone or two left over to add to your pool.

I've said it before but I'll say it again... I usually take a couple of Necropunks with Seamus. I use them for flanking moves or general distraction. They get the occasional hits in here and there. For 3ss they're worth it in my mind.

I would get rid of Mortimer, making a Belle factory would sort of bog down your turns and not be overly helpful. It is also kind of card intensive. Mortimer in general goes not seem like a good pair with Seamus.

I think I would also drop a Belle (or 2), but at least one. I would add a Gunslinger and Bete to the group (or maybe a Hanged instead) for a little more offensive power.

Ordinarialy when I run seamus at 35 I take:

Sybelle

Rotten Bellsx3

Punk ZombiesX3

It isn't the flashyest list but oddly enough it is incredibility maneuverable thanks to companion and the belle's 6" movement range. The punk zombies are there to take care of problems, but in general they are there to provide a lethal distraction to my opponent. If they ignore the punk zombies seamus gets them, if they ignore seamus the punk zombies get them. More often than not I will sacrifice at least one punk to get people into position and draw out the opposition.

I love my three belles, they can take a woopin, they can lure incredibility well, and they are highly maneuverable. This way I can put Seamus into danger and then use companion belle to lure him back out of it which makes the hatter pretty hard to pin down.

When I do take the convict gunslinger it is usually at the expense of Sybelle. She is neat and should she get rough trade off it really does put a crink in my opponent's plans but she isn't THAT neat.

Necro Punks are also a neat thing to grab. In general, the way my games go is that turn one we move, turn two we move some more and there are some light skirmishes, turn three is when the real combat starts. Turn three is what I save my necro punks for. Two of them cause slow! Which means if the enemy fails their breakaway roll they are done. Also Hard to kill+a slowed opponent equals all sorts of frustration and that is a happy thing.

On a final note Arise my Sweet is a nice spell but there are only 5 cards in the deck that let you cast it, those odds kinda suck and since Seamus has trash instead of a defense stat I prefer to use my soulstones for that. Still your choice.

I really really want to fit Mortimer into my Seamus list, I mean I love the figure. But when you Flurry your opponent's master to death with a Punk Zombie, or rapid fire a master to death with a convict gunslinger (both of which cost less than morty I might add) it is hard for me to justify bringing him along.

• 2 weeks later...