How best to use Bete Noire

TimeLapse

First off I am new to useing her so i thought a whole thread on her was in order since after seeing her model i drop my thoughts of never useing her and now she must make it into my list. You could call it love at first sight, but the model is one of the best i seen in a long time.

I am running Nicoderm and im thinking that she would be awesome.... to have in my list that is. So what im thinking is

Nico

Grave S 1ss

Bete Noire 9ss

Morty 7ss

Dog 2ss

Dog 2ss

Dog 2ss

Crooked Man 4ss

Crooked Man 4ss

Thats a total of 31ss in a 35ss list, thats leaves Nico with 7ss to play with.

Now my question is what are the best and nasty-est tricks to make use her?.. in the game i mean..:pcguru:... And how do other players use her in there games?

-Andrew

Also everyone and anyone who has painted Bete Noire Post you picture here! I want to see her painted by all players!

Edited by TimeLapse

you have the classic combo in your list of a dog and bete, Run the dog up in to a unit you dont want to have to deal with and let the dog get killed. Pull out bete and paralize or kill the unit you dont want to have to deal with. paired knives and a good CB with 3 attacks will eat up your opponants cards to stop you from getting a hit in. Hold back a card so you can always return to grave if needed as your slow to die reaction.

Its annoying as hell getting rid of bete if you have the cards you need in your hand.

The only issue I have with the list is that i have no heavy hitters just tricky ones. I am worried that the highest light damage i do is 2.

I am comming from playing guild so im used to being able to add damage via triggers and doing alot of damage in a game. but now i dont know, it seems that even my caster is light on the damage rout.

I want to add Sebastian but i have yet to get his model, but i think he would add alot to my out put in damage.

But it seems to me that high amouts of damage is not the undead thing, lots of models doing low damage seems to be there thing.

But Bette seems like she costs alot for doing 4 damage max a hit. but with CB 6, extra damage flips you can get there but it seems that she might take some getting used to.

hmmm.... I still feel if-y on my ablity to use her, I really want to but it seems like she is only good in a slaughter/assanaite type game and would slow me down in others.

hmm.

~Also everyone and anyone who has painted Bete Noire Post you picture here! I want to see her painted by all players!~

If you go for Groin Strike and Flurry, you can easily kill some of the toughest models, even Masters. Bête doesn't do high damage, but thanks to multiple :+fate (both on combat flips and damage flips) she consistently puts that damage in... and if she's Bolstered by Nico, she has top-rate Cb too.

Crooked Men themselves aren't bad melee fighters and once they fall, you can bring them back as Punk Zombies for even more killy action.

Anyway, most of the time doing high damage doesn't matter that much. When you have to kill someone, you can always try to focus on him. In other strategies you just have to tie up enemy force while your crew completes the mission.

Here a new idea (well for this thread) i read off of another thead, Nurses,

http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9911&highlight=nurse

The marsh in this thread said that if you burry Bette at the end of each turn she retains massive does abilities. So if you use Stimulant on her you get it until the end of the game, though if she is in play durring any closeing phases she is sacrificed.

So if you gave her Stimulants and bolsted undead with nico she becomes a Wk/Cg 7/10, her CB becomes 12 and gains a +1 to her damage flips witch can become +3 more with her spell and rot for a total of +4 and possably a +5 if you get a + flip and with CB 12 she has that chance.

The only problum is that you will have to burry her before each close step so you need to make sure she eather is killed (By doing it youself) or you usse her last ap. Not a great plan but one you could use VS masters like lilith who have DF of 8.

7 movement and a 10 inch charge is awesome as well. Also on her first turn geting stimulents might as well give her Speed, so you can at lest get alot of Aps the first turn you use her this way.

The whole idea is tricky and getting bete to a nurse might be hard but it is another way to play her so it belongs on this thread.

-Andrew