Who's up for promotion?

Chucklemonkey

With or without the Book 3 tease it seems apparent after Hamelin became a master that there are other opportunities for minions and such to be upgraded.

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts (baseless speculation) as to who may get promoted in the future?

The obvious 2 being Samuel Hopkins & Nekima.

Who else can people see as master material?

Why do you consider Samael an obvious choice? (Have yet to read the final chapter of Book2 fluff so if it's there please don't spoil).

Anyway.. If the Ten Thunders intend to expand their influence upon Malifaux we might expect something more from them. I don't think Misaki will necessarily become the Master though, but I do expect her to receive an upgrade of some sorts as she doesn't seem to synergize with anything currently (very self-contained).

Hmm..

I personally think Nekima will become a henchmen and then finally a master. She seems overly important with the whole page picture and her getting her own little emoticon as well. They could very well just jump right to master.

Molly also strikes me as someone who might tap into some deeper potential at some point. Have not really read much of the fluff of Book 2, but she seems like she is seeking independence and power (although who isn't right)

Finally I think Convict Gunslinger would make an interesting master to say the least. Nothing would be more shocking then a nameless minions rise to power.

Candy is most definitely at least being promoted to Henchman. I would also be a big fan of a promoted Samael, he's a great model and I love reading the stories that include him.

I am not sure if these people (or Nekima for that matter) will actually get new models though, they might just add a rule that promotes people. The Ronin rules seem to imply that is something that they have an intention of doing.

I personally think Nekima will become a henchmen and then finally a master. She seems overly important with the whole page picture and her getting her own little emoticon as well. They could very well just jump right to master.

I could definately see this happening, possibly creating Lilith's Avatar form in the process.

With or without the Book 3 tease it seems apparent after Hamelin became a master that there are other opportunities for minions and such to be upgraded.

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts (baseless speculation) as to who may get promoted in the future?

Bayou gremlin number 3.

(that's the one with the banjo)

I am not sure if these people (or Nekima for that matter) will actually get new models though, they might just add a rule that promotes people. The Ronin rules seem to imply that is something that they have an intention of doing.

Well not sure about Nekima being promoted just yet. As far as Samael, or any other minion promoted, would need a new model to represent there new status as a henchmen or master and for opponents to tell at a glance which version of the model being used.

After reading the last fluff in rise, Candy definitely will need a new model.

Perhapes not masters right away, also candy, and the last part with Fransisco and perdeta

and will the Pandora Avatar finaly be shown also the little bit with Marcus was a bit odd

Candy is most definitely at least being promoted to Henchman. I would also be a big fan of a promoted Samael, he's a great model and I love reading the stories that include him.

Agreed the fuff on Sonnia and Samael fantasic and i want to know more about the two

Also many of the henchmen in the beta went in book 2, so us test players still know more then you :D

No, No, No, everyone know it is going to be Bayou Gremlin Number 4 (the one with the spyglass). With his foresight he is henchman material for sure.

Either way I think we can all agree it's not bayou gremlin number 1 (the one looking down the gun barrel). He's just not leadership material.

Perhaps we are looking at Bayou Gremlin number 1 the wrong way, perhaps he is actually inspecting another Bayou Gremlin's weapon for cleanliness before battle like a good leader should.

This is true.

Reality can take many forms.

Perhaps it is not the gremlin who has the gun backwards, but us who have the gremlin backwards.

Well not sure about Nekima being promoted just yet. As far as Samael, or any other minion promoted, would need a new model to represent there new status as a henchmen or master and for opponents to tell at a glance which version of the model being used.

After reading the last fluff in rise, Candy definitely will need a new model.

They could just make a rule, say Promotion, which stated: "One Unique model may be promoted to henchman status and lead a crew. That model gains Use Soulstone, and has a Soulstone Cache of (12-printed ss cost). Something to that effect would allow say Sam Hopkins to lead a crew without really changing his rules or need for a new model.

I think we'll see something like this coming. Otherwise the Ronins Drifter ability will never come to use. There's alot of weird combinations though and and given that the current Henchmen are only allowed to hire a small selection of models I'd find it strange if my John Doe Guild Guard could bring along several higher ranking officers with him.