How to beat 2 mature nephs

pancake ss

It shouldn't be too hard with Perdita and crew. If you can catch her while she's bunched up with Papa to soften them up, then get 1 or 2 obeys off on the mature nephilim you should be able to break them up. Concentrate fire on one Nephilim at a time and stay out of melee (which isn't hard to do with the Ortegas).

It also totally depends on what strategy you are playing. Different strategies will change your model mix and tactics.

Mr. Samael Hopkins

Flaming Bullets and one activation the Mature Nephilim is now a crispy bacon heap on the floor. With Flaming Bullets you get +2Dg, now the Mature Nephilim has a CA of 6 exactly, so Mr. Hopkins gets +2 Cb, and +1 Dg when targeting it.

Therefor you are shooting 10 inches away, with Combat 8; against Defence 4, and dealing 6/7/8 against him. If you don't feel safe relaying on two shots, discard a card and open fire with Rapid Fire. Last time I did, he was dead by the second shot. From full health to a stinking rotting pile of dead nephilim.

Now, the second round, Big Pappa when straight after Mr. Hopkins, and well... still got wrecked. He doesn't get three attacks, but; 2 attacks at Combat 8, against Defense 4 with damage of 5/6/7, +1 Dg if you hit him with a Ram. Also next activation they receive slow so even if the big galute lives through a Bear Trap to the face he's going to be a little be less then useless.

long story short. The Ortega's need to Hire this man when they go Nephilim Hunting! I know I would! lol

Also! I would heavily suggest bring Lady Justice instead of Perdita, yes; she get's some things but Lady J, with Sword Style Fate can almost Guarantee a hit, and with Dg 3/5/7, and a :+fate on damage flips naturally, you're almost always fate even or better. Lady J is probably the only person who can stand up against Lilith and walk away with more the 3 or 4 wds left. Also, Lilith will want a Guarantee hit on you before even trying to swing. With Riposte, and preferably a high mask in you hand you can instantly spin the tables against Lilith further cutting and damaging her.

My first 5, maybe 6 games were against Lilith so I know all her dirty tricks, and ass hole moves.

Edited by gunpowder saint

Perdita is great vs. Lillith ... they can pounce from behind cover... bullet bending lets you shoot around cover.

Obey is great vs. Nephilim.

Perdita has the same defense as Lilly so she can go toe-to-toe for a while.

Gunslingers in generqal are pretty good vs. Lillith... Nino will ruin a Lilly crew's day unless they have perfect cover as he can easily take a mature neph down in an activation and/or destroy the opposing player's hand.

I wouldn't have said your opponent's crew is particularly strong at all, it's built off a couple of high-cost models that are very easy to kill (def 4, only 1pt of armour, 10 wounds)... Mature Neph. are a brutal alpha striker with some cool abilities, but if you can absorb or redirect the initial attack with some strategic placement they aint no thing.

Also without terror tots the Lilly player is giving up the sprint/transpose combo.

Remember black blood _only_ triggers from _melee_ strikes, you can shoot em or magic em till the cows come home.

lols,

youre waiting for lord chompy?

me too!!

hurry up mister usps guy or iam gonna unleash some nightmares!

and actually atm iam not speaking with my mouth full of human blood, i just seem to have a bad influence on pples mental state, they start shooting themselves and such,

i cant help that... :angel:

ooh you got the new malifaux bag from battlefoam?

how is it? ive been thinking of getting it aswel (iam a battlefoam fanboy....:worship:)

If you laminate your cards instead of using card protectors, this is the bag for you. I love it. Some of the models on the 40mm base do fit kind of weird because the slots are made for 30mm bases but I have been thinking of ordering a special tray that fits 40mm base models without cutting my foam up.