Some December Crew Questions

pinkcarson

Hello. I have a tournament coming up this Sunday and wanted to get a few rules clarified before I go. I have quite a few questions and any help is appreciated.

-----------------------------

Q1: Bite of Winter. Does this +1Dmg affect the Ice Gamin/Golems shatter damage? I've heard mixed things such as it affects OTHER shatters in the aura but not the models own shatter when it dies. Please clarify.

Q2: Does bite of winter add to Rasputina's blast damage from december's curse? My last tournament the judge said no because Bite of winter reads: "Modesl with Frozen Heart inflict +1 Dg on 'TARGETS' without Armor until the Start Closing Phase." He said since the person under the blast isn't the actual "TARGET" that the +1 Dg does not apply, only to the person initially hit by the spell.

Q3: Say I make Ice pillars with Tina or the Essence of Power. Can Tina target the Ice Pilars with December's Curse and still get blast markers? The Ice Pillar is breakable terrain that can be attacked and is automatically hit (assuming you successfully cast the spell), and the damage flips are straight flips. This says to me that as long as the ice pillar is in range and I successfully cast the spell I can damage it and cheat to severe since it's a straight flip in order to place blast markers on nearby models.

Q4: Freeze over. Can this target any type of terrain or is it a specific type? Does it target buildings/walls/ruins AND forests/water/swamps OR is it just one of the categories?

Q5: Say I target something with december's curse and kill it but I trigger overpower. Does the overpower not go off because the initial target is dead or do the people hit by a blast marker become the new target? Overpower does say "after damaging DEFENDER with a spell, immediately cast the same spell targeting the defender" which seems to answer my own question but I want to be completely certain.

Q6: December's Touch. I read in a different thread that armor from different sources stack. Eg: Ice Gamin has Armor 1 and Rasputina casts December's Touch on him.

Instead of becoming Armor 2 as the spell suggests the Armor 2 stacks with his Armor 1 for a total of Armor 3 since they are from different sources. Is this statement correct?

Q7: Frozen Heart "This model ignores Morale Duels". Does this only affect Terrifying or is it also applied to WP checks to shoot into melee? Does it have any effect on WP duels?

Q8: Does multiple bite of winter stack. Say my Ice Golem is in melee. He has up his bite of winter and my Ice Gamin also has up bite of winter and the Golem is in the Aura. If it is true that armor stacks from different sources, then would these two buffs also stack since one is Bite of Winter (Ice Golem) and the other is Bite of Winter (Ice Gamin)?

Q1: Bite of Winter. Does this +1Dmg affect the Ice Gamin/Golems shatter damage? I've heard mixed things such as it affects OTHER shatters in the aura but not the models own shatter when it dies. Please clarify.

Q2: Does bite of winter add to Rasputina's blast damage from december's curse? My last tournament the judge said no because Bite of winter reads: "Modesl with Frozen Heart inflict +1 Dg on 'TARGETS' without Armor until the Start Closing Phase." He said since the person under the blast isn't the actual "TARGET" that the +1 Dg does not apply, only to the person initially hit by the spell.

Q1: No, pulses and auras do not target. http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showpost.php?p=152367&postcount=15

Q2: Your judge ruled correctly. The only "target" is the nominated target, the blasts do not specify targets and would not get boosted. Search for various Pandora ruling threads if you wanted to look back on the matter, since it's a common Pandy killing tactic.

Q3: Say I make Ice pillars with Tina or the Essence of Power. Can Tina target the Ice Pilars with December's Curse and still get blast markers? The Ice Pillar is breakable terrain that can be attacked and is automatically hit (assuming you successfully cast the spell), and the damage flips are straight flips. This says to me that as long as the ice pillar is in range and I successfully cast the spell I can damage it and cheat to severe since it's a straight flip in order to place blast markers on nearby models.

I don't see why not, unless someone has a rule to chip in about.

Q4: Freeze over. Can this target any type of terrain or is it a specific type? Does it target buildings/walls/ruins AND forests/water/swamps OR is it just one of the categories?

I don't recall the wording accurately enough to help. :P

Q5: Say I target something with december's curse and kill it but I trigger overpower. Does the overpower not go off because the initial target is dead or do the people hit by a blast marker become the new target? Overpower does say "after damaging DEFENDER with a spell, immediately cast the same spell targeting the defender" which seems to answer my own question but I want to be completely certain.

Your initial gut feeling was correct, you can't target what isn't there. :)

Q6: December's Touch. I read in a different thread that armor from different sources stack. Eg: Ice Gamin has Armor 1 and Rasputina casts December's Touch on him.

Instead of becoming Armor 2 as the spell suggests the Armor 2 stacks with his Armor 1 for a total of Armor 3 since they are from different sources. Is this statement correct?

Yes, armor stacks. I do not think you can stack from a single source multiple times though (i.e. Cast December's touch twice and reap the benefits).

Q7: Frozen Heart "This model ignores Morale Duels". Does this only affect Terrifying or is it also applied to WP checks to shoot into melee? Does it have any effect on WP duels?

http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14195

That thread should explain the basics.

Q8: Does multiple bite of winter stack. Say my Ice Golem is in melee. He has up his bite of winter and my Ice Gamin also has up bite of winter and the Golem is in the Aura. If it is true that armor stacks from different sources, then would these two buffs also stack since one is Bite of Winter (Ice Golem) and the other is Bite of Winter (Ice Gamin)?

I'd have to see the wording on this as well. XP

Everything ender said and this:

@3: Breakable terrain doesn't generate blast markers (it's in the errata).

Edit: It's in sketch's Extra Errata Thread.

Breakable Terrain (p.84)

Add "When damaging Breakable / Targetable terrain perform a damage flip only (It may still be cheated). Do not add blasts or perform any triggers."

@8: Multiple Bites of Winter do -not- stack. The reason is that they're ongoing effects with the same name. (Effects of the same name never stack.)

Armor is 'special', but presumably the effect is named December's Touch and it just grants armor. I can't argue this very well, but this is how it's been ruled.

Edited by Wodschow

Noob question about Bite of Winter also. Does the +1 DMG only come as a bonus from an additional attack, or does the spell itself do 1 DMG.