Newbie with a Leviticus list

aka_hazard

Hi all,

I've been reading through the forums, looking at the miniatures and I've decided to take the plunge...

From the various comments I'm planning on this list at 30SS which leaves a reserve of 4 SS.

Leveticus

Hollow Waif

Rusty Alyce

4x Steampunk Abomination

2x Necropunk

Is this a fair starting point?

Or would I, as a newbie, be better off going with a Ramos list?

Any (physically possible) suggestions are welcome.

I was looking at these two because of the miniatures, with a preference for Leveticus, so if the learning curve for both is equally steep then I'm happy to live with it - I play to have fun and if I also happen to win then that's a bonus!

I also like the concept of Nightmare Dreamer but as most of the miniatures for that one aren't available yet I've had to make it my second choice.

Thanks for the 'heads-up' though.

Leveticus is my main master, so some of the best advice I cna give is read the posts on this forum, there is a lot of insight into how he works (very different from other masters.)

Also in the new book there will be an important errata regarding how he comes back after he dies (if there is a waif on the table.)

That aside he can kill pretty much anything he wants. Another helpful model to add would be a canine remains for 2 SS. They can become a waif in a pinch or keep corpse tokens on the table so Levi can make more waifs.

I usually have 2 or 3 SS for him as I don't worry about damage flips with him.

Ramos is a good starting set, but Levy is a hard one to master, but as far as I can tell you have to deal with learning his trickyness even if you have played allot, so playing him is hard but if you start with him it could be harder.

That being said, if you start and master levy there would be few doors of understanding in the game for you to master.

-Andrew

Thank you both for your feedback.

Taking your comments into consideration and after further reading of the forum, especially concerning the potential outcome of errata for Leveticus,I have decided to go in a different direction and today placed an order for a Neverborn crew.

No doubt I shall return to Leviticusin the future.

Once again your time and feedback is greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate this thread also because I have just started and I chose Levi for my first box.

I also got a Desolation Engine but I will definately be getting a canine, as someone who is totally new should i purchase extra abominations and waifs? or is the 4 SA and 1 Waif enough for now.

Some folks suggest i include a Bete Noir as well, thoughts?

What exactly is the errata for the return from death thing that was mentioned? I literally am a total noob when it comes to this as I had 1 demo game only.

If anything I could say 1 more blister of SPA, the most I've ever had on a table was 5. Waifs are rare 2 IIRC so having another one won't hurt.

I haven't used Bete yet, she isn't my style. After the box you really can just look at the tons of options and pick models to suit your style. Bete, Sybell and the belles make an interesting combo, Killyjoy is popular.

I like the peace keeper and some support pieces and Levi and the keeper do the heavy lifting.

Another blister of SPAs will probably end up getting used so I'll second that. I bought 3 blisters before his box was available.

Another popular choice are the steampunk arachnid swarms who get auto paralyze with blessings of desolation.

Really there are just tons of neat combos out there. Any undead or construct in the game that gets a nice trigger from a crow or already has one built in to its Cb is a potentially useful choice. But I think the most popular ones have all been listed now. That's probably why he's so fascinating to so many people.

Check this thread to see other levy players debating their favorite choices if you haven't already: http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10131

One other thing: I can't find any errata about him in the book. Was it ever posted somewhere?

I don't mean to hijack the thread but what are some of the tactics and powers used in combo fashion?

I know the SPA movement pinwheel thing but like what do people do in general?

Activate X then Y and cast C etc that sort of thing?

Mostly I am thinking interactions with hollow waifs and Levi and if there are some tricks there i should be aware of