Rising Powers Primer - Henchmen

EricJ

Can someone from the beta give their opinion of the Henchmen? I don't need any NDA kind of info, it just seems like the Gremlins are awesomely original, the Neverborn seem ok but are kind of vague, and the last 4 just read, Elite Forces (which I know that is what they are, but there does not really seem to be a good spin to it). I think all the masters seem to be really cool and have their own flavor, so I was sort of hoping that the Henchmen are like that too. So can anyone in the know tell me if they think the henchmen are unique and flavorful or not?

Stop asking questions like that. Then we get these vague responses which only serve to drive me more and more nuts.:frusty:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone from the beta give their opinion of the Henchmen? I don't need any NDA kind of info, it just seems like the Gremlins are awesomely original, the Neverborn seem ok but are kind of vague, and the last 4 just read, Elite Forces (which I know that is what they are, but there does not really seem to be a good spin to it). I think all the masters seem to be really cool and have their own flavor, so I was sort of hoping that the Henchmen are like that too. So can anyone in the know tell me if they think the henchmen are unique and flavorful or not?

I'll try and say not all the henchmen made the final cut, mostly due to that fact they were overpowered and vaious other reasons and i didn't look at all of the henchmen, but exapect somthing good

Stop asking questions like that. Then we get these vague responses which only serve to drive me more and more nuts.:frusty:

Yeah, in this respect, it's kind of hard to get a point across while not being allowed to post much information because of NDA. The examples that would help with the explanation wouldn't be permitted.

Given the relatively balanced nature of the game so far, and the attention to detail Wyrd seems to pay to the rules, I don't worry much about the crunchy bits in the 2nd book.

It looks like they have a very sold set of writers and a good bunch of beta testers who between the two catch most of the issues ahead of time and put out a very solid rule set. I expect to see the same thing in the 2nd book and future products.

Same goes for the mini's, every mini I've seen is very well done with a ton of detail and other nice touches. The stuff that will come out for the henchmen I'm sure will be of the same high level of quality that Wyrd already produced.

My main hope is that book 2 matches the style of Book 1. I hate when companies make a great rulebook and then the expansions etc don't match the style of the first.

Also can anyone give any insight as to a Hamelin box set? He really is a lovely model and will make a cracking master I'm sure.

Can't wait til August...

D.