Another intresting list idea... hmmm

TimeLapse

I would like to start off by saying by far my fav master to play is Perdita, and I am constanly looking for intresting ways to play her, so Her is an idea that i never tryed before that I thought might be intresting. Now in the case of adding the Viktoria I am running under the intrepataion that since they can join any master that they still join as masters and reduce the SS by 5 in total. Also I have read posts were people talked about only being able to hire Mercs in a vic crew, that is only applied in scraps not brawls.

Anything with a "/" means that these are models I will most likely swap out once i see what the VPs are in the game.

Okay with that being said here is my list idea

60SS

Perdita,

The Vicktorias -5 totol SS so 55 points,

Francisco 5/Guild Austringer 5

Nino 7

Papa loco 6

Guild Austringer 5

Convict Gunslinger 5

Convict Gunslinger 5

Hans 8

Ronin 5

Ronin 5

Total 51 points out of 55SS leaveing me with a 6SS cache, or i could do the following,

60SS

Perdita,

Nino 7

Papa loco 6/Santiago 7/Guild Austringer 5

Convict Gunslinger 5

Convict Gunslinger 5

Hans 8

Ronin 5

Ronin 5

Ronin 5

Ronin 5

I dont know but I think that In a brawl type game that the Viks would work vary well with perdita being the melee to her range.

Also until I started building the list I thought that haveing the Viks cost an extra 5 points was wrong since none of the other masters have that, then I thought about it and the fact that they can join anyone makes her worth it, that and the fact that you dont have to pay Merc dues means that if you have 5+ mercs then you made your points back.

Just an intresting pairing I wanted to get eveyone else's thoughts on this.

-Andrew

I think you still have to pay merc dues and are limited to only 2 mercenaries. After all you are still hiring a Guild crew, it is just the Victoria special rule that lets her join the guild crew, she doesn't have any rules to change what can be hired in a crew containing her. I know that this is still being discussed, but this is the way I think it is going to fall.

But I think that you are right, she would make a good second master to Perdita, being two melee beatsticks supporting guild guns.

Phil

Neither list is legal. When you hire the Vikys into another faction in a brawl the "only hire two Mercineries" rule applies. So you can't hire all those Ronin and Convict Gunslingers.

Your faction is Guild. It's not a dual faction crew (Guild/Outcast or Outcast/Guild). It's Guild that has hire some mercs. Therefore being a Guild crew you can only hire two mercs.

I think you still have to pay merc dues and are limited to only 2 mercenaries. After all you are still hiring a Guild crew, it is just the Victoria special rule that lets her join the guild crew, she doesn't have any rules to change what can be hired in a crew containing her. I know that this is still being discussed, but this is the way I think it is going to fall.

But I think that you are right, she would make a good second master to Perdita, being two melee beatsticks supporting guild guns.

Phil

Well you dont have to pay merc dues because that only applies to minnions same with the only may hire two, but you are guys are right about the amount of stuff i can bring, i thought of it as mix two lists and now I understand it better I am thinking the following as a list,

60ss

Perdita,

Enslaved Nephilim 2

Francisco 5

Nino 7

Papa loco 6

Witchling stalker 4

Witchling stalker 4

Witchling stalker 4

Hans 9

Ronin 6

that gets me a 10ss Cache and I shall just get a Ronin right away with Always for hire trait leaving me with 5ss to play with.

just an idea

You are right about the Viks themselves. You effectively pay 5ss for them to join your crew but they are not counted as part of your merc limit because they don't have the Mercenary tag.

Tough looking list but I'm still unsure if you can take 2 Wing-clipped Nephlim as a master is limited to one totem. Because the Nephlim is strictly Perdita then no other master can use them. If you have an extra point just fitout the Viks with a Student of Conflict (for Fast). With Fates Entwined both can gain Fast.

Tough looking list but I'm still unsure if you can take 2 Wing-clipped Nephlim as a master is limited to one totem.

Well no where in my list do I take 2 clipped Neplim so I dont know why you are telling me that I can't bring two of them since i don't, I only have one in the list.

I thought about the student but that is counted as a merc and its 4 points in the list, in a normal Vik crew yeah here not so much.

-Andrew Haught