Red Dead Redemption

I picked this game up earlier this week and well I have spent way too many hours on it already. For those not in the know, it is a western themed free roam game. So far my favorite part of the game are the missions that involve Seth, a sun baked grave robber (not a spoiler because it is very obvious with your first encounter with him). I think the worst part of the game is some of the mini games are just wonky as hell. I have no idea how to correctly throw a horse shoe and only minor changes can make drastic differences on where the shoe lands.

There is a fair amount of what a player can do in the game, some of the random events are very memorable.

I'm enjoying it, but I feel I'm already getting a bit bored. It *is* GTA: Wild West which is cool, but I got bored of all the gta's before finishing them.

The horseshoe is pretty random! I got the thing spot on a few times and it produced drastically different results. Spent a hell of a lot of time player poker though!

That's actually what I love about the game, it's a complete world. You play poker with the guys that live/work around town, you'll bump into them again in other ventures, they're not just random npc's. Feels very complete.

I've got the ps3 version and it's buggy as hell/ During a cutscene with John and the MacFarlane woman this random dude walked in between us and started smoking, it was quite funny actually.

Still, it's all just time killing in the wait for Fallout: New Vegas :D

I have the same problems with the GTA stuff. So far I have been entertained fairly well with this game, but I have been playing other stuff also. I did give the horseshoes another try and still cannot get the hang of it.

The only glitch I have come across was when I was in Mexico I was starting a new mission with the retired gunfighter, I cannot think of his name atm. One of the NPC sat in the same location as the gunfighter and their images overlapped.

DB have you been able to cheat in any of the card games yet, I have given it a few tries, but all have ended in the street with one of us dead. those card players have sharp eyes.

Fallout vegas is already on my pre-order list.

Yeah this game is tight. I was throwing horseshoes last night and its real tough. You gotta aim anf then bring it back and forth and get it sort of rocking and never let it go all the away back real touchy though. I lost, so I lassoed the guy, tied him up, threw him on the back of my horse, rode out in the praire, threw him in a ditch, got my money back and then shot him in the face.

/win

I have not finished that one yet, I have been collecting stuff so I can watch the guy jump off a mesa with his glider.

I find myself at times spending a ton of time doing the side quests, and then the next time I play I focus on the story. I have thought about grinding along to try and collect all the different outlaw outfits, just not sure if I care enough to worry about it. One of the things that I have really enjoyed about this game is there is ton of connections to actual historical characters. One of the main outlaw gangs is a Dalton gang, which is based on a group of failed outlaws of the same name. They learned not to try and rob 2 banks at the same time in a Kansas town that was better armed then the gang.