Neverborn Tots, Juju and Voodoo Doll

wrabbit37

Hey all. Earlier this week a buddy of mine finally convinced me to give painting a try. Usually I farm out my models to other people and pay them to paint them for me, but my friend taught me a quick and easy way to paint models. These are my first attempts I was able to paint the first night. My buddy painted the one in the top right (thanks Zephir!) and I painted to two on the left.

Terror

I'm still learning, so I've got a long way to go, but I'm happy with how simple they were to paint up. I managed to get a couple more models painted last night without any instruction. They came out decently, I figure.

Bad+Juju.JPG

VooDoo+Doll.JPG

Bad+Juju.JPG

Here's a bit bigger picture of Bad Juju. I had a lot of fun figuring out what to do with him. A couple of friends of mine were playing a game of Malifaux while I was on my couch with my models. I was a little tipsy and started playing with Bad Juju, having him smash my other models. He picked up the loose coffin I had and smashed a Mature Nephilim in the face with it. I took a look at how he looked and decided he should carry it around all the time.

I like the light dark contrast on the tots. Interesting reversal of the usual pattern making the hair bright and the skin dark.

The addition of the coffin give Juju a much stronger sense of movement than usual. It looks like he's swinging the coffin rather than just holding his arm up in the air.