Random Rulebook thought

Drool_bucket

Hello All,

and knowing that the Powers That Be regularly read and post on these boards I wanted to toss an idea out there regarding the rulebook.

Now, I love the layout which has rules and background mixed together. To me it sets the tone that this is a skirmish game which having fun and enjoying the "story" of the game is equally as important as the flipping of cards and moving around little metal figures. Heck, the cover reads "A Character driven Skirmish Game"... message sent and received!

But, I do find it hard to pick up the game because the manner the rulebook is laid out. Great to sit and read, tough to reference while playing.

I was wondering if Wyrd would ever consider releasing a downloadable PDF file of just the rules. Either charging or even released free.

Long ago (okay, like 6 years) another skirmish game released the rules for it with every miniature they sold (Rackham's Confrontation 2.0) and it worked rather well.

A printable PDF of the rules, possibly updated to include the Errata and FAQ, would make life really easy for new players to pick up the game, IMO.

Anyways, as I said, a random thought.

Keep up the excellent work, you guys are top notch!

i kinda disagree. i played my 2nd game today and only looked in the rulebook once. if you download the crib sheet on here, and try to memorise the common abilities as best you can, you could probably play without the rulebook 90% of the time.

I think with the ease of plagarism pdf's arent the way to go for a growing business such as wyrd.

Of course i do support a printed rulebook 2.0, which would have none of the fluff and all of the errata, in a smaller size, like the recent GW in box rulebooks.

i kinda disagree. i played my 2nd game today and only looked in the rulebook once. if you download the crib sheet on here, and try to memorise the common abilities as best you can, you could probably play without the rulebook 90% of the time.

I think with the ease of plagarism pdf's arent the way to go for a growing business such as wyrd.

Of course i do support a printed rulebook 2.0, which would have none of the fluff and all of the errata, in a smaller size, like the recent GW in box rulebooks.

Meh. I guarantee you somebody has already taken a scanner and I could find it as a torrent somewhere.

And I know I, personally, would pay for a "just rules" version with the errata thrown in.

But, on the other hand, Wizard's took down their PDFs because they were too easy to pirate, and I have to assume they know what they are doing. *shrug*

This has been talked about quite a bit on the boards.

What I do is just use those little marker tabs to highlight areas of the rule book that you need to look up frequently. (The scenarios section and the common abilities section)

Of course at this point I have the vast majority of the rulebook memorized but that just comes with time I suppose.

I've been looking for a crib sheet (even if it is the quick reference in the back of the book) and haven't found one (unless you mean the faq and erratta). Would you have a link for this?