Gencon 2010

GrottoKnight

GENCON 2010

Didn't see any info here but here is the posting for the Malifaux Tourney.

There is also a listing for a BOOK TWO!!! and a tourny for that as well.

http://gencon.highprogrammer.com/gencon-indy-2010.cgi/type/NMN/Malifaux

Malifaux - Tournament

ID: NMN1009582

Web site: http://wyrd-games.net/

Email: caseyj (at) wyrd-games.net (Address obscured to fight spam. Replace (at) with @ for real address.)

Category: Non-Historical Miniatures

Rules: Malifaux (1st Edition)

Cost: $6.00

Duration: 05:00:00

Host: unknown (Wyrd Miniatures)

Age requirement: Teen (13+)

Experience requirement: Some (you’ve played once or twice)

Are materials provided: No

Tickets: 20 out of 20 are available (as of 8:31 pm Monday April 05th, 2010, but this information may be out of date.)

Official site: =NMN1009582]Check the official site for the most up to date information and to purchase tickets. You must be logged in at the official site for this to work.

Time slot: Thu Aug 5 noon - 5:00 pm

Event added: Mon Apr 5 8:31 pm

Assemble your 30 Soulstone (SS) Scrap Crew and be prepared to stake your claim! (Malifaux book rules only.)

Edited by GrottoKnight
why can't I edit the title?

Speaking of which, who's going? I haven't bought a badge yet but I'm almost positively going as I job for which to pay for it now. I wouldn't mind splitting cost of a hotel room to give me more spending money. Eh? Chicago people? *poke poke*

>Maybe<

• 1 month later...

Hello,

This will be my first Gencon. I am signed up for the Last Scrap but missed registration for the Book 1 Tourney.

Will there be folks around for pickup games outside of the tournaments? Will Wyrd provide any gaming space for casual play, and pick-up games in the evening? If not is anyone bringing terrain for some casual gaming.

Looking forward to it.

Also: still looking for accommodations if anyone has space in a room.

• 2 months later...
What should I tell him?

I would tell him that he should have signed up for another tourney. In a small local tourney showing up a little late may not be an issue. But in a big tourney at Gencon its not good form. If he shows up late he will vary likely lose his spot to play.

The tournament will begin once all the attendees are there @ noon.

I will begin pairings shortly after. If he can make it, awesome. If not, I cannot hold everyone up for one player regardless of sign up or not.

I'm sorry that the airlines messed his schedule up, but it's not fair to the other people that have signed up and are in attendance.