Electrical Creation

Already sculpted

Student of Conflict

Already sculpted

Steampunk Abomination

Already sculpted

<cough> sneak previews please </cough>

nope, that one was actually true

you all want your new master boxes sooner rather than later...right? Because we can delay until mmmmm, christmas? :D

Now that's just cruel - you should never toy with the emotions of the unstable...

Scales of Justice

Already sculpted

Guild Austringer

On the table shortly

Guild Guard

On the table shortly

Jackalope

Being sculpted

Electrical Creation

Already sculpted

Poltergeist

Already sculpted

Primordal Magic

Already sculpted

Hooded Rider (July/August?)

On the table shortly

Student of Conflict

Already sculpted

Steampunk Abomination

Already sculpted

And a decent head start on the book two releases ..

Nathan, you're my god-damn hero! After dealing with GW and their paranoia about not telling anyone about anything released beyond the next 2 months, getting this sort of info is a breath of fresh air.

Fantastic stuff guys - I feel like I owe you my first-born child. :D

So what is this Jack Daw I see listed in the upcoming catalog? A special hero hanged? /drool

JD is the third hanged sculpt, the one based on the artwork on the book cover, mr bag-head hanged.

Daresay he is a henchman tho it's just speculation... I'm sure we'll know as soon as the 2nd book is out. :P

Cant wait for all the good stuff. If I take a few months off from work I can paint everything up before the new figs come out... xD

JD is the third hanged sculpt, the one based on the artwork on the book cover, mr bag-head hanged.

Daresay he is a henchman tho it's just speculation... I'm sure we'll know as soon as the 2nd book is out. :P

My guess is that he's for tournament support as a prize. Due to the need to include stat cards, I don't expect that Wyrd would release new models before their rules (ie. the expansion book) are available.

Regarding Henchmen, I suspect more than a few will be upgraded versions of existing unique minions. After all, characters like Mortimer, Judge and Myranda already fit the stereotype for henchmen in everything but name.

Going into further wild speculation, I'd guess that the main benefit will be the addition of the 'use soulstones' ability, with additional mission or campaign-specific benefits/costs. Of course there's nothing wrong with altered stats, but IMO you need more than a different stat card to warrant a new class of model.

Hell, while I'm at it, I'm going to guess that Avatars will be "Brawl only" and take up two Master slots. They might be able to fit into a scrap, but I can't see a more elegant way of fitting them in without disrupting the existing balance between Masters and their Soulstone cache.

Edited by Rathnard

I know it's probably a lot to ask, but could you give us some idea of when we might expect the Waldgeist please Nathan?

Sometimes, keeping a detailed record of future releases mentioned by the Wyrd folks comes in handy. ;)

APRIL RELEASES

* WYR5020 - Hollow Waifs (2 pack)

* WYR5028 - Malifaux Child

* WYR4018 - Doppleganger

* WYR1022 - Enslaved Nephilim

MAY RELEASES

* WYR2011 - Jack Daw

* WYR2017 - Crooked Men (3 pack)

* WYR4019 - Waldgiest (2 pack)

Models Left (as of 1st April)

* Scales of Justice (Sculpted)

* Guild Austringer (Not Sculpted)

* Guild Guard (Not Sculpted)

* Jackalope (Being Scultpted)

* Electrical Creation (Sculpted)

* Poltergeist (Sculpted)

* Primordal Magic (Sculpted)

* Hooded Rider (Not Sculpted, release expected in July/August)

* Student of Conflict (Sculpted)

* Steampunk Abomination (4 pack, Sculpted, likely to be sexbots... ;) )

Book 2 is due out in August at Gencon and will include new crews and henchmen rules. As of the 1st of April the folks at Wyrd have made a "decent start on the book 2 releases", and several of these new crews will be released at Gencon.

Edited by Rathnard