Most competitive Arcanist builds

islyfe

this is the one ill be using on the weekend.

35ss

Ramos with 6ss cache

Joss

Brass Arachnid

Ice Gamin x 2

Johan

Arachnid x 2

johan sits back with ramos to bodyguard him and gamin will try and put on some ranged threat that ramos will probably end up blowing up anyway.

Ramos will try to make spiders with brass arachnid stoking him to try and make 2 a turn.

joss will be my assassin that will hopefully be running up with a swarm and some latchonerers.

• 1 month later...
A little bit of threadomancy here but here we go:

I've had a lot of success running this at 35ss. It rocks in at 31 leaving a tasty 8 soul stones for December's Curse:

Raspy

Ice Golem

December Acolyte

Essence of Power

2x Hoarcat Pride

Ice Gamin

How does the Acolyte fare for you?... Whenever I field him he is usually not as useful as I'd like. So, what's your secret?

How does the Acolyte fare for you?... Whenever I field him he is usually not as useful as I'd like. So, what's your secret?

He usually does pretty well but he's performed best when deployed not too far ahead of the main crew. The temptation is stick right out there but unsupported he can get into "unhealthy" situations.

I got excellent use out him in my last game against the Ortega's. Both of us had claim jump, & were going for the wooded are in the centre of the board. When got there I froze it over each turn to prevent the other crew entering & then arced decembers curse through him to take full advantage of his ability to draw LOS through terrain. Even his worst performance yet was pretty good. He got bundled by 2 mature nephilim but it took them 2 turns to kill him.

His zero action of Eat your fill really helps him last through the encounter as well as defeating an enemy in combat you then get to go back to full health, brilliant!

I'd say my main gripe with the Acolyte is cost. At 6ss he's realtively expensive as Cult of December henchmen go but if you bite bullett & play him right he's dynamite.

Ramos

Rusty Alyce 10

December Acolyte 6

December Acolyte 6

Brass Arachinid 2

Steampunk Arachnid 3

Steampunk Arachnid 3

Steampunk Arachnid 3

This only leaves me with 2ss at 35ss but with ramos 2 that is enough for a tournament game that either is over quickly due to death or times out.

One thing about Ramos lists is that there slow. They take time moving and if you do that you are not making spiders! so the Idea with my list is that the December Acolyte are my speed, since they can deploy in the center of the table this allows me to be in closer range for objectives and the like. Also they had the added bonus of being able to use corpse tokens and have a good range attack.

Alyce is almost a given with Ramos IMHO, she costs allot but she has a good range weapon and some sweet abilities. When I use her I can normally cheat to get Stoke more often then not. I love using stoke on Ramos, Grabbing tokens making spiders its all good.

But yes the key to my list is to give some good range attacks to the spider building theme. And with having 3 models with range 12 I get it.

Anyways allot of the time the list has to suite the game you are playing but I think that this list suites most games. If I feel I need more stones then I go with one less spider.

Hope this helps,

Andrew

When got there I froze it over each turn to prevent the other crew entering & then arced decembers curse through him to take full advantage of his ability to draw LOS through terrain.

Nice - hadn't thought about taking advantage of his better LOS for arcing spells.

Unfortunately, the new ruling for Freeze Over kills the first part. Check out the rules forum.

Nice - hadn't thought about taking advantage of his better LOS for arcing spells.

Unfortunately, the new ruling for Freeze Over kills the first part. Check out the rules forum.

Are you referring to the re-wording in the errata? Because even with that models with frozen heart still ignore the effect of freeze over.

*Edit* Bugger! just found the full version of the freeze over re-write. :( cuddle bat strikes again.

Edited by Couchmonster