First Gremlin game and I gots me some kwestions.

shekbo

My son and I each picked up a box of Malifax figs last week. He got Nickodem and I got Som'er Teeth. We played our first real game last night.

Bottom line is that I lost. He kept paralyzing my pig and it's really annoying that my boomsticks damage my own guys when they miss.

On the other hand. I do see some potential. If I use one of the gremlins as a whisperer I can reactivate my pig. A combination of gremlin's luck and survival of the fittest gives me a control hand advantage.

I have a couple rule questions that maybe you guys could clear up for me....

1) Sacrificing gremlins: Say I Git my Bro (which brings one of my Gremlins to 2Wds) then I move close to one of my opponents figs and use Reckless (down to 1Wd) and the do Ya'll Watch This. Can I still do Dumb Luck to double the damage? I guess the question is do I fulfill the Sacrifice requirement of Ya'll watch this even if the fig is killed by Dumb Luck?

2) Also Sacarificing gremlins (I seem to do that a lot): If I Sac a gremlin does he or does he not generate a corpse counter. Playing Nikodem all my gremlins kept turning into mindless zombies. On the other hand those counters would be good for my pig to "eat anything".

3) Som'er teeth has a bunch of soulstones to use. What's the order of using SS to add another flipped card vs cheating fate. For instance, I fire my boomstick and flip one card... Can I spend a soulstone to add another flipped card and then play a card from my hand to change one of them?

Thanks

Tom in VT

1) You can use Dumb Luck during Ya'll Watch This! Sacrificing the Gremlin is the last thing to do during the Action and if the poor Gremlin happened to die before that, what a shame. The Gremlin can't get sacrificed anymore because he was already killed.

2) Sacrificed models don't generate counters. Only killed models do. Also, Mindless Zombies count as Corpse Counters to the Pig can eat the Zombies just as well as Counters on the ground (they're not really good at defending themselves).

3) The order is that you may cheat fate first, then you may use a soulstone. So no, you can't use a soulstone and then cheat fate. Other way round it is allowed: you can cheat the original flip and then add another card with a soulstone.

-Ropetus

the last sentence on page 55 of the Malifaux book says "A model cannot use a talent or cast a spell that would reduce its wounds to 0".

Dumb Luck is a trigger. Does the above rule apply to dumb luck?

I think the Gremlin can use Dumb Luck because using the trigger doesn't have a cost of suffering Wd (like for example: Punk Zombie's Self Mutilation). Suffering the Wounds is just a side effect of using the ability (similar to jumping off a cliff). How about if a Gremlin has 2 Wd remaining: He will only get himself killed if he flips severe damage on the strike. I see no reason to disallow the use of Dumb Luck there.

-Ropetus