Mindless Zombies

Zephir

Would it be a fopaux to use something other than the Wyrd models for these guys. Its been my main hang up on getting Nicodem at the moment. I was planning to get a bag of all flesh must be eaten plastic zombies just so I could have a ton. Since they are more like counters anways would this be ok, or not?

It's funny you post this. I just finished a post on my LGS forums stating how the Nicodem box set is incomplete. The fact that he can use mindless Zombies which is a major trait of his and they are not included in the box, was a HUGE gripe of mine.

From a new player perspective, I need more models to play.

I plan on proxying until I get some myself, If I can't use them, I would not play in the tournament.

I agree with ya on that, it would be nice if he came with a few. I think thats the most daunting part of trying to play Nicodem.

I would say that Nicodem is my least favorite of the Resser's so I'll just get the plastics for now and as my disposable income begins to increase i'll start to pick up a few here and there until I have enough. It would be a shame to pass up such awesome models.

As WS says, in your own group, its up to you

I find that you dont need many as you end up making new crew with them. I dont see that there are a lot of MZ in play, unless you start to drop your own models early on, but that tactic seems counter-productive.

It's funny you post this. I just finished a post on my LGS forums stating how the Nicodem box set is incomplete.

In that sense many of the boxes are incomplete. McMourning doesn't have his dogs, Lilith (well, the tots) doesn't have Young Nephilim, Ramos doesn't come with Electrical Creation, Som'er definitely needs a few extra models to be playable and he can create Piglets... And so on... To actually play the game, the Gremlin box is definitely lacking most.

Worth bearing in mind, though, that boxes were created with relative pricing parity in mind, as well as gameplay parity. Also some models haven't been made yet / weren't made at the time of release. I'm guessing here, but if the Vik Boxset was created from scratch today it would likely contain a set of Ronin at the expense of most, if not all, the other models in the current set (I could see Taelor remaining).