On use of the Hanged

Wahey! Got my Hanged today and very excited about using them. I was just wondering how people are using them and with what?

Seamus obviously has a lot of synergy with them, what with all the terrifyingness he brings to the table but how do they fare with McM or Ol' Nic? Aside from making your scary things scarier are their any hidden tricks?

Also, would you ever actually use two of them? I was a bit confounded that they came in a twin pack.

I'm not sure on The Hanged. They look strong on paper, but I don't know about 8 SS strong. He's only got 4 Df and 7 Wd, although being a spirit vs. non-magical weapons thats almost like 14 wounds. 12:masks seems high for Hangman's Knot, because there are plenty of other things you'll want to save your :masks for, like Sybelle's Call Bell, Necropunks Leap, McMourning's Scalpel Magic, and a couple others.

I haven't played with them yet, or my Ressurectionists at all really, but it just seems sub-par for the cost, at least in anything under say 35 SS matches.

As for the packaging, my first guess was they had 2 models, and didn't want to do separate packaging, but now that we see there will be two different sets of Canine Remains, I'm not sure why they are sold in 2 packs.

I played with one in a Seamus gang for the first time recently. Linked to a Grave Spirit really kept him alive for much longer that he should have been. I played against the Ortegas (with a Governor's Proxy), so even with Trail of Fears, the WP duels were a toughie. Whisper from Beyond helped to seal the Executioner's fate, but the Hanged wasn't able to accomplish much more.

I look forward to trying him out again though, he was still pretty fun.

I played with one in a Seamus gang for the first time recently. Linked to a Grave Spirit really kept him alive for much longer that he should have been. I played against the Ortegas (with a Governor's Proxy), so even with Trail of Fears, the WP duels were a toughie. Whisper from Beyond helped to seal the Executioner's fate, but the Hanged wasn't able to accomplish much more.

I look forward to trying him out again though, he was still pretty fun.

Remember Hanged ignore bonuses to WP when targeting a model so Governor's Proxy and the Ortega's Stubborn give nothing. I have been using 2 Hanged in my 40 SS Seamus scrap, these guys are amazing. Played a 40 point Lilith and these guys were the MVP. Lilith's 8 Def isn't much when you target her 4 WP (After Trail of Fear) and suck half her wounds and prevent her from healing.

Remember Hanged ignore bonuses to WP when targeting a model so Governor's Proxy and the Ortega's Stubborn give nothing. I have been using 2 Hanged in my 40 SS Seamus scrap, these guys are amazing. Played a 40 point Lilith and these guys were the MVP. Lilith's 8 Def isn't much when you target her 4 WP (After Trail of Fear) and suck half her wounds and prevent her from healing.

oops... still a learning process for me. Hey... what's with the Wyrd name? Should we be enemies?

I was reading about them last night and thinking of when I would want to use them. I was thinking the 8SS seemed a bit much but then I thought about some of the abilities and the WP aspect added to a Reser army and I'll be adding them to my next order (want those dogs to come out so bad!). Should be a fun addition to use in certain situations.

I think one trick will be getting rabies from a dog on as many people as possible for the -2WP till the end of game.

I'd be interested in how they stack up with Pandora crew.

After I had posted I was thinking about what you could do with The Hanged, and I thought of the Grave Spirit.The thing is, is it better to give The Hanged Armor 2, or is it better with Sybelle? I think she may still be a better target for the armor since she is more likely to tear it up in melee than The Hanged is with his abilities.

After I had posted I was thinking about what you could do with The Hanged, and I thought of the Grave Spirit.The thing is, is it better to give The Hanged Armor 2, or is it better with Sybelle? I think she may still be a better target for the armor since she is more likely to tear it up in melee than The Hanged is with his abilities.

Sybelle is an awesome choice for the Spirit due to her Regen and Hard to Wound. Personally I always run the Copycat Killer, even though he only has 3 CB on his 50 Cal he destroys huge models like Mature Nephilim. He povides a huge bang for a totem. As far as my name goes it's from one of my fav games.