Trees in Malifaux

Greenlock

Not having read the fluff yet, in fact my rulebook is in the mail, I'm starting to sculpt bases for my models, also in the mail. However I'm unclear on what kind of trees, bushes etc. that exist in Malifaux? Some kind of plant life should exist since gremlins manage to live there along with their pigs but what kind and how far into the city does the vegetation spread? I'm doing cobblestone bases, would it be plausible with fallen leaves on them? Grass growing in between the stones?

To answer your question about the bases, yes leaves are fine on cobblestones.

The setting of Malifaux is centered around the city of Malifaux certainly. However it is on a planet that is close to Earth sized. (Or at least I assume so. The planet it is on is big at least)

That being said, there is no reason for you to limit your basing to any specific flora. There doesn't seem to be any specifically alien looking plants though. Normal plants twisted by dark forces though should be about in force.

I think the "Hanging Tree" shown on the back of the rulebook would be a characteristic (if large) example of a Knotwood tree.

The forest where Rasputina has her encounter with Lilith also has some description of the foliage in the Malifaux Outlands. She describes a "curious blend of reds, purples, and greens" and "writhing, knotted trees" with "skeletal branches."

http://www.dragonpainting.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=25

I think this shows a great way to make 'Knotwoody' looking trees and is quite easy to do.

I just wish I had seen it before I painted up my GW Woods.

I want! Never really looked at the Citadel terrain piece, as I always thought they were extremely overpriced without offering much in the way of quality. This kit actually looks decent though, with the modifications that guy made it turned out quite well. Thanks for the link. =)