Som'er Teeth Jones - Post Errata/FAQ

n0signal

Unfortunately, it seems like "Teef" has had some more cuddles come his way; from what I can see...

- Whoops is really very dangerous now, as it's not a listed damage flip and instead does the full damage flip of the weapon being fired!! Owch! :(

EDIT: Actually, is this a cuddle!? Because it's an unmodified damage flip I take it to mean you can cheat fate. This means, if you want to shoot a Gremlin for severe damage so that you can put blast markers on things near to it, there's no way you can miss now and not flip for severe; providing the model you're shooting at is the closest friendly of course. heh.

- Reckless now does a wound in order to gain Fast, which means if you summon a Gremlin it's slow unless you take a wound, unlike before where it would still get 2AP without a wound. For a 4 wound model that comes in with 2Wd from a Git Yer Bro, this is pretty significant.

Other changes, I think had been made previously, altho Survival of the Fittest's wording has been cleaned up.

Edited by n0signal

Unfortunately, it seems like "Teef" has had some more nerfs come his way; from what I can see...

- Whoops is really very dangerous now, as it's not a listed damage flip and instead does the full damage flip of the weapon being fired!! Owch! :(

EDIT: Actually, is this a nerf!? Because it's an unmodified damage flip I take it to mean you can cheat fate. This means, if you want to shoot a Gremlin for severe damage so that you can put blast markers on things near to it, there's no way you can miss now and not flip for severe; providing the model you're shooting at is the closest friendly of course. heh.

- Reckless now does a wound in order to gain Fast, which means if you summon a Gremlin it's slow unless you take a wound, unlike before where it would still get 2AP without a wound. For a 4 wound model that comes in with 2Wd from a Git Yer Bro, this is pretty significant.

Other changes, I think had been made previously, altho Survival of the Fittest's wording has been cleaned up.

I know for certain the primary change for the wording on whoops was because, strictly RAW, under the old wording, a gremlin that missed would always hit itself with whoops. I wonder if the change in the damage was intentional? If so, that's kinda cool, I can see how that would be useful too.

Gremlins being slow when they come in is kind of annoying, but not terrible. And I'm very happy to be able to choose to be reckless with my pigs during a stampede, as we had previously been playing the rules as written so that they always had to use 3 AP and take a wound.

Unmodified Damage Flip is exactly that. flip the card, take the result. no cheat. 1 card, 1 result. if you flip a red joker, kiss your Gremlin goodbye.

as for Sooey, before it was "push up to Cg." that just means maximum push was Cg, but could be less. Now the models must Charge, and that means they don't stop until they hit their Cg, or they're in melee with the target.

Unmodified Damage Flip is exactly that. flip the card, take the result. no cheat. 1 card, 1 result. if you flip a red joker, kiss your Gremlin goodbye.

as for Sooey, before it was "push up to Cg." that just means maximum push was Cg, but could be less. Now the models must Charge, and that means they don't stop until they hit their Cg, or they're in melee with the target.

Damage flips can be cheated. From the FAQ:

Q: When, specifically, am I allowed to Cheat Fate?

A: You are allowed to Cheat Fate under the following

circumstances:

• All Duels (when a neutral or positive flip)

• The Damage Flip (when a neutral or positive flip)

• When a specific rule allows

I took unmodified to mean no plus or minus flip, so cheating would be just fine.

Copy and pasted from the errata of sooey:

“Friendly Pigs may push up to their Cg toward this model"

"Up to" is still there...