Claustrophobia - Brother of Redemption Preview

‘’Make your slaves love their leach’

The best definition of the Brother of Redemption is “the spirit of the group”, however he is far more important. He is a fighter, confessor, miracle doer and being on his side gives an impression of security, but it’s never for a long time. With his magical powers, he guides the troupes anywhere in Hell. Whenever the adventure goes bad, he sends the dead to their final destination guilt free and guides the soul to salvation.

In game terms, it’s not the fighter ability that the Demon players fear, but the magical power. When played at the right time, these powers can make the Humans much more dangerous.

Giving you all the details of the Brother of Redemption powers would be too long, but I can give some hints and tell you at least one power that all the Brothers have. The power “Sanctified” gives, once per game, a fight or a movement bonus and a “heal to Doomed” that he has in charge. This power is very useful when the game is ending or when the situation is critical.

redemp-art.jpg&h=250&w=250&zc=1

redempteur_croquis.jpg

frere-redempteur-2.jpg

frere-redempteur-illu.jpg

frere-redempteur-green.jpg

frere-redempteur-final.jpg

Link:

http://www.claustrophobia-theboardgame.com/

• 3 weeks later...

Miniature-based boardgame a la Space Hulk, but in the Helldorado universe. It's quite fun, albeit it requires less minutiae than Space Hulk.

The pre-paints are decent. Could use a wash and some highlights, but the details aren't covered (at least not that I can see from the minis in front of me).

The game's due on Dec 10th, I sent a review to the TGN crew, hopefully that'll be posted before the release.

I still have not reasoned out why companies that produce Pre-painted minis, don't just offer UNPAINTED versions as well. Tannhauser did that, and I think it was cool.

I've nothing against pre-painted figures, but many of us painters don't want to pay extra for a paintjob that we are going to do away with.

Just give us the option, that's all I'm asking.