Chronicles - readability - alt format?

MVM

My computer takes a crazy long time loading up the pages of the chronicles. Is there a way to alter the files so that they can load faster on slower machines? My p.c. surfs the internet o.k.- but those images must be fairly dense...which is grea becasue the art is awsome- but it may be loosing someone if it takes it this long to load each page.

MM

I wonder if he's meaning time to render the pdf as opposed to downloading it. On my system (2mhz intel core2 duo, 4gig mem), WC #1 renders almost instantly, whereas WC #3 takes a noticeable amount of time to render a page. WC #2 is even longer, but that's due to the typeset being 'imaged' as well (and thus a much larger filesize).

I can't tell why #1 & #3 render at different speeds though.

(All 3 are downloaded in the same location on my 'puter... and opening with Acrobat 8 Pro, if'n that would make any difference)

Edited by KDLynch

I wonder if he's meaning time to render the pdf as opposed to downloading it. On my system (2mhz intel core2 duo, 4gig mem), WC #1 renders almost instantly, whereas WC #3 takes a noticeable amount of time to render a page. WC #2 is even longer, but that's due to the typeset being 'imaged' as well (and thus a much larger filesize).

I can't tell why #1 & #3 render at different speeds though.

(All 3 are downloaded in the same location on my 'puter... and opening with Acrobat 8 Pro, if'n that would make any difference)

Dito that. I have a beefy system and it stutters on rendering WC 2 and 3 also. (I do have the PDFs saved locally and am viewing them with Adobe Reader).