Errata 11/7 - Discuss

EricJ

Oh well. Maybe Gremlins weren't ment to be competitive. That's just too bad. I was hoping that there weren't going to be any underpowered factions in this game, but right now I think there definitely are. Hopefully new releases will give them some needed power.

Really? Seriously? Man, I really should have bought the rest of the Gremlins I was missing at Gen Con.

Gremlins get so much more amazing the more time you spend with them. They've actually got the potential to be simply devastating. Play with them for a while, bring pigs, and be as mean as you can be. You'll have the numbers, the actions, and the abilities to own the table just as easily as any Ortega crew can.

WS is right. Alpha Stank will #$*! up any Master's day.

And while you're kicking so much ass, you'll also be laughing your head off.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2 cents

Problem:

Gremlin players could absorb their decks, when fielding Teeth & Hog Whisperers with "Survival of the Fittest" by perpetually sacrificing & spawning Gremlins.

Gremlins have 4 wounds and lose 2 wounds each when a new one is spawned by "Git yer Bro", so if a player spawns again on one of those 2 wound models one dies granting control cards and the cycle continues.

Solution:

Somer Teeth cannot kill a Gremlin with "Git Yer Bro", because the gremlin cannot get his bro if he is dead.

The "Survival of the Fittest" rule was fine.

My 2 cents

Problem:

Gremlin players could absorb their decks, when fielding Teeth & Hog Whisperers with "Survival of the Fittest" by perpetually sacrificing & spawning Gremlins.

Gremlins have 4 wounds and lose 2 wounds each when a new one is spawned by "Git yer Bro", so if a player spawns again on one of those 2 wound models one dies granting control cards and the cycle continues.

Solution:

Somer Teeth cannot kill a Gremlin with "Git Yer Bro", because the gremlin cannot get his bro if he is dead.

The "Survival of the Fittest" rule was fine.

A model can't activate a spell that would kill itself anyway...was declared on Papa Loco. Perhaps it shouldn't be able to kill a friendly either..

A model can't activate a spell that would kill itself anyway...was declared on Papa Loco. Perhaps it shouldn't be able to kill a friendly either..

A model can't use an ability that can reduce it's Wd stat to 0. A model may use abilities that can cause itself Damage to its hearts content.

Papa Loco CAN actually use Take Ya With Me and kill himself in the process, as Take Ya With Me causes Dg and not Wd (like Self Mutilate).

I'm not sure why it came across as though I meant Teeth was killing himself.

I thought the loop was that Teeth was killing Gremlins, which created new Gremlins which began with only 2 wounds, which in turn on the next casting kills yet another, which then gave the player a load of cards.

Hey, so something I realized when I was trying to use the new and improved skeeters today: since they're no longer gremlin models they can no longer use "Pull my finger" safely what with not being gremlins and being the center of a pulse effect...

Mmmmm delicious delicious game balance

Hey, so something I just read again after reading your post about using the Giant Mosquitos today:

:pulse# Pulse: Represents an instantaneous circular range of effect around a target, extending from the target’s base edge. It immediately affects all models, except the model using this effect, within the effect’s number range, in inches. All Pulse effects are immediate unless otherwise indicated in the description.

Mmmmm delicious delicious reading of the rules.

If you use hard cover then you get armor 1 which reduces the damage by one point which still inflicts one point which is still enough to kill the Skeeter... so what am I missing?

I'm rather confused were you get the idea that a mosquito starts with 1 wound. If you use parasitic infection the new mosquito shows up with a full 6 wounds. If you use Larva the mosquito shows up with 3 wounds.

I believe that is what you are missing.

I think its a bit odd to change the type of Skeeters to Vermin entirely. I understand the SoTF rule change, as I was myself limiting it to Teeth and a single HW. But now if a skeeter is in range and dies, SoTF won't work. Why not simply change the wording of the offending Skeeter ability to be "Does not work on friendly Skeeters"?

I do have to say, these changes simply seem to be making Gremlins(a hard faction to play) even harder. They were my first purchase because of how they looked, but with the rules now...I don't know.