RISE of DECEMBER - 30 point Scrap at RIW Hobbies - Livonia MI Dec 12

nerdelemental

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it appears that my 'maybe' has to become a 'not gonna make it'.

Jokerohki (my ride) got stuck doing work stuff all weekend...

I expect to be chastised harshly by Nerd. :damnmate:

Pick one:

:spank:

:thumpdown

:lame:

Seriously: you're coming from ~5 hours away and have always been a 'maybe'. I'd have been thrilled to have you in the house and talk shop, but we'll hug and slap asses at Gencon if not sooner!

Looks like David is going, please tell me we got room for 1?

As always predicted (and expected by my inflated sign up on the first page), there's a few drops and likely a few more by tomorrow. (making a few openings)

Bring him and anyone else that'd like to play - I think that anyone that shows up that wants to play will get a spot. Pam's pretty committed to this event - the prize support should indicate that! She says she'll bump the regular weekend Yu-Gi-Ugh tournament altogether if we need their space.

Solid.

trivia:

I've been working late into every night on terrain and it'll barely be noticed. New "twisted" Malifauxnian buildings and they take a butt-load of time. Planned on creating double what you'll all see, but by a May event there should be a stellar Malifaux Western themed board!

I even bought some Wyrd coffins this week and lost them (never put blisters in your coat pocket...)

trivia:

I've been working late into every night on terrain and it'll barely be noticed. New "twisted" Malifauxnian buildings and they take a butt-load of time. Planned on creating double what you'll all see, but by a May event there should be a stellar Malifaux Western themed board!

I even bought some Wyrd coffins this week and lost them (never put blisters in your coat pocket...)

You should organize a terrain day on a saturday, or do a terrain night some Tuesday. It helps to have extra hands and pre-set stations to assembly line. All terrain made goes to the store so everyone benefits. Pizza for workers is also a bribe.

Fool took the Gold, followed by Paperabag for second IIRC, and then Steinerplex for third. My head was just not into today, aquaintance of mine's funeral today, etc etc. Oh well, I still had a great time and David who is an avid Card Flopper said he had a blast even going 0-3, with his first minis game being Malifaux, learning less than a month ago, and already feeling up to the tourney scene. Score one for the jackson crew :)

Turn out was rather low - everyone seemed to have something come up across the board....

No hard feelings, though, as the men in the house had a great time, me included. Great group. No big problems, even with rules questions. In the end, a VP based day is clearly the way to make obvious winners.

Huge congrats to Gary/FOOL for driving ~6 hours from Wisconsin to take home the top spot of the day! After Rob stole one of his box sets from him I lost track of which he ended up taking, but I think it went Lilith, Pandora, and...um...Now I cannot remember. Conga Rats regardless - great gamer, great sportsman, great to talk shop. You're welcome in our house any time you can make it out, man. Don't forget - if you make the drive you're in free for any of my events!

Brian/Paperbagfox took second, losing to Gary in the near absolute mirror match (their Perdita armies were identical save for Fool's with a Witchling Stalker and Paperbagfox's with an extra Marshal). Brian, you said Fool stomped you, but at round three I thought you were both trading blows back and forth. It was probably me with my pesky rules interferance about your Perdita being unable to charge through or around that small puddle that cost you your game. Sorry. I'm a jerk that way. Still, you played a good game.

Rob Steiner walked out with third.

Rob, Josh/jmp_mydog, and Chuck, and Dave had the most interesting spots of contention, all fighting not just for their own win in the third round, but a win with the most VP to hit the third place spot. Snowball fighting was the unsung hero of the day, as predicted, giving a ton of points when you knew how and when to get them. In the end of round three, Josh won his game with 22 VP total and Rob won his with 23.

Just so I wouldn't have any second guesses about "but I had the most VP....why didn't I win overall?..." Fool ensured no shenanigans about it by clocking in at 24 VP. A win for the day with authority.

:)

And the rules stipulated that everyone could rebuild their lists for each new game, and I believe the top two guys changed their lists a bit. I believe Lady J saw an appearance by at least one of them (IIRC both ran a Lady J list).

I bet they'll pop on here sooner or later and tell us their lists, but the final had Perdita, Samael, a Nino, several Marshals and a Witchling.

Great day of card flipping. Everyone was fun to talk to and play against, both Bowshers were fun games and Fool was a great way to end the day.

@Bowen, the game changed when I lost my Nino and Fool still had his with no wounds. The reason I said I got stomped was due to walking out of the game with no VPs. It was a close game till turn 2 (maybe 3) and then thats when it all changed.

Great event (LOVED THE SNOWMAN GAME) looking forward to the next.