Models in a Som'er teeth force question

hausdorff space

Howdy Wyrd peoples.

I have a mate who's interested in this game and is looking at the Som'er Teeth Jones starter. With limited rulebooks access I was wondering if somebody (or bodies) could give me/us a rundown of the models in a Som'er Bayou force and there role within the army?

Additionally, what are some good forces based of the starter pack? 25ss, 30ss 35ss???

Whisper regularly uses Som'er against my Seamus, while the starting lineup changes, it's generally 25SS;

Som'er

Hog Whisperer

Bayou Gremlin

Warpig

Piglet

Piglet

Piglet

so, some quick observations from our games;

Som'er uses many Git y'er bro to get some gremlins on the board (and either heal 'em with Take A Swig or kill 'em with Come And Get It to gain a piglet)

The Whisperer, turn one, uses Never Happen to allow the piggies to fly over terrain to get close to the enemy. Often deliberately leading them to Stampede over the opponent's figures!

he can also use Baconnnn! to remove piglets for more gremlins (depending on how the game is going!)

Piglets and the Warpig are great for stampeding around; you'll find they sometimes run back and forth over the same mini inflicting many many wounds!

plus piglets are Df6, Wd5 and with the summonings / sacrificing of piglets and gremlins, you should have a large enough hand that you have spare cards to Cheat Fate and make them combat monsters!

of note are the Bayou Gremlin themselves; while they are often used as sacrifices (either thrown against enemies or Som'er killing them himself!), their Boomstick, combined with the Dumb Luck trigger and, once again, cheating fate with your amassed control hand can do obscene amounts of damage; if they're injured (Git yer Bro) when they die, if they're close to the Whisperer and Som'er you gain 4 control cards!

One thing I have notced while playing this game

you essentially endd up with two forces.. Your pigs which you want stampeeding all over the shop, While they are stapeeding the cost of a pig charge goes down by 1 ap and damage gets an additional +1. So they can do up two 3 charges per activation..

The other force is your gremlins... These are your support, use them to get extra cards into your hand, more pigs and more gremlins.. when a gremlin has a single wound left dont even think about it just sacrifice him with a git yer bro for +4 cards to your hand and a new gremlin with 2 wounds

because of the way reckless is worded they still get 2 ap when they are summoned

now here is the most important thing with the bayou NEVER (except in speciffic cercs) EVER let the two sides of your crew get two close. Stamppeeding pigs move there full move on a pig charge, hitting on the way... This means a stampeeding pig COULD potentually end up close to your troops if your careles... and they will tare you appart!

• 2 weeks later...

There's a bit more in the way of tactics and advice in the thread about what makes Teeth competitive. Check the last page or so. You can kick some serious ass with the Gremlins; you've just got to be smart about it.

Focus is your friend with Bayou Gremlins, btw.

• 2 weeks later...