Dragonlady Painting Blog - Witches

dragonlady

just get some foam to transport them in- your LGS should carry some.

looks like you will need a 1 1/2" foam to transport them. If they are foams from Sabol design (which are pre-cut easier to size your own spacing out) Lady Justice will fit snug in a 3x4 area.

If done properly you can end up getting around 15 figures (around Lady J size) into 1 foam.

Thanks for the suggestion on transport, I actually have plenty of Sabal bags, as I have been playing miniatures for a while. :)

I would go with 1 1/2" or 2 " personally to stand them up rather than laying them down and placing any strain on the the attached arms.

The problem I have with thin arms is that they are too small to pin easily (given my clunky large fingers) and I am concerned that while bumping the arm or weapon, it will pop off.

I actually like the witch hunter box set is that most of the models are one piece, so my clumsy handling will not be sch a problem.

Robyn

ah, cool np. I come across the same problem with the pinning on some of these as well, hence why I now bandage my thumb a bit (too many drills thru the metal into my thumb). I too hate the little parts (Arachnid Swarm), but love the models so I comprimise.

I am currently storing Lady J in a 1 1/2" foam laying down with some extra padding underneath and above her to protect from jostiling. She will fit in a 2" foam standing with a bit of room to spare tho.

One method I have discovered instead of pinning is to drill 2 holes as if you were going to pin the pieces but use the smallest drop of 5 minute epoxy instead. It will flow into the holes you made and, once hardened, it will make a reasonable connection. Don't be afraid to use a little too much as you can file off the excess once it hardens.

velcro!!!

the answer to all storage and basing problems

i have all minis i own will resin filled based weighted by lead in the resin, then stick industrial strength stick velcro to the bottom. I went to the hobby store and bought a small storage chest that i fashioned two trays to sit inside on top of eack other with dowel supports between.

using this method i can carry any model or combination no matter how big with absolutely no fear of breakage or even bending. Been dropped to the floor with nothing even coming off the tray. by far the most secure way to transport minis ive ever found.

unfortunately its not my idea, i just stole it from a freind but a full tutorial on the process can be found here http://www.dark-age.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=917 pictures are gone but tutorial works great as is

One method I have discovered instead of pinning is to drill 2 holes as if you were going to pin the pieces but use the smallest drop of 5 minute epoxy instead. It will flow into the holes you made and, once hardened, it will make a reasonable connection. Don't be afraid to use a little too much as you can file off the excess once it hardens.

Now that is an idea I could kludge on to.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...