Austringer...what are your thoughts?

Beermonkey

First off I love the idea of the Austringer. Very accurate ranged attack with impressive range and it ignores LOS and cover. What's not to love here. Plus the Deliver Orders spell is very nice. Still for 5 SS are they worth it or are they kinda gimmicky? Has anyone used these guys if so with what results? Just wondering. Plus spreading the Guild love around a bit.

I don't know if i'm a fan of him compared to other options available. His damage output is one of the lowest in the guild and he doesn't have many tricks available to him. I suppose deliver orders can be really nice, but I woiuld personally prefer Fransico for the same points.

The main role I see for the Austringer is long range harassment and using his Deliver Orders spell to set up some nice combos with other models.

I guess I'm of the opinion that they could make a very good support unit. Probably not something to take in your average 20-30 SS scrap. But with a few more models on the table having a flanker with a good ranged attack could come in handy. Some nice powers to boost the team to boot. I also like the fact that it's a fairly straight forward model, no tricky or hard to figure out rules, something that comes in handy when the model count starts to creep up. Of course if the mini ends up being cool as hell who knows how often I might end up fielding this guy.