Working on a Viktoria Crew

blkdymnd

We'll be playing 35ss normally, and the Vikki's will be my Outcast master. So I'm trying to figure out a good crew to outfit them with. So far for a preliminary crew, I have

Viktorias

Killjoy

Bishop

Misaki

1 Ronin

I'm thinking of having Killjoy be, well Killjoy, but also be someone who can get stuff to flee for "sisters in victory". Misaki and Bishop are great support models (though I may add a bit of range with the Convict Gunner, I'd have to substitute one of them for it though) and then a Ronin is self explanatory (I'd have to find a proxy for him right now though).

Any ways you all would go different on this grouping?

Ronins are likely to be female sculpts. At least that was the rumor.

Like Goblyn said, a Convict Gunslinger would be huge in that list. He's mean, and he packs a great punch with his paired pistols. He's also great at card/board control.

I like the idea of Killjoy for the Terror, but who are you going to kill for him?

Misaki is a great model. I'm personally biased towards Taelor (Cb 7, 3:malimelee, 3/4/6, and Melee Expert means she's not someone you want in your face), but I definitely have a soft spot in my heart for Misaki. With a potential 6" range, she can hit you without fear and dart away, hit you harder than you expected, or even hit you so hard that pieces of you fly off and hurt other people (so much cooler than just thinking about the thunder and lightning).

yeah, sacrificing a 5 point model to bring in a 10 point model seems kinda wasteful... and what if the ronin is kiled before you sac her? then you have to kill a 7 or 10 point model to bring in another 10 point model...

I just don't know about that....

what about just bringing in 2 more ronin? viks+bishop+misaki+3 ronins=a hard melee fightin' crew.

I'm personally interested in the possibilities with Viktoria because she will be one of my main masters, provided I can get an effective group with her. However, the only talk I've seen of her is with her box crew. While it may be effective as is, I don't really like a lot of the models in it. Instead, I want to see the possibilities of Viktoria crews using models like: Hans, Convict Gunslinger, and Ronins. Ronins should be a staple in a Viktoria crew, but I never hear anybody talk about using them (probably because there is no model for them yet).

so I havent posted here yet but i saw this thread and figured it a good time to. I use victorias as my main crew. I placed second with her at gencon using the boxed set.

my list for her at 35 is... Victorias, Convict gunslinger, bishop, taelor, johan. and at 25 i play Victorias, Convict gunslinger, johan, bishop.

I find that having SS with her is key. Ive had alot of games with her under my belt now an havent lost one. Ive only had a draw 3 times an I either had less SS or a model i dotn care for. I use Misaki sometimes shes great at being there for whatever i need. thats the same reason i always bring bishop an the gunslinger.

The gunslinger is an absolute monster. I normally kill or deter more than hes worth every game. Always plan ahead with bishop. if you have an opponent with a heavy hitter send bishop in to poke em an run away when he swings back. Being able to choose triggers is huge.

Last the victorias are a glass cannon. If you use them right you can take out a whole crew in one turn. My largest body count so far is 5 in a 35 SS. Use gun Vic to cast the Dam buff an have her swap to allow sword vic a full activation of melee. Once you get this down its stupid scary. the aditonal soulstones will help you keep her alive an get her trigger.

Hope some of this helps. If you have any questions go for it. i have a bit too much experiance with her which is why im moving over to rasputina a bit. Which lo an behold was when i got my first loss...

D3MI

the Ronins start to shine in the upper end of Scraps. At 30 or less, if you're running Viktorias + Ronins, you're probably looking at just a few Ronins and your master(s). You could throw in the Convict Gunslinger too, but taking some of the other mercs puts you at a really small soulstone pool that I like to avoid with Viktoria. Viktorias with stones are just plain scary since they are almost guaranteed to be hitting you multiple times.

Let the Viktorias do their damage, then let Bishop charge in with :malimasks so he can hit, toss, and hit again. You can protect your twins AND kill almost anything this way. Even Seamus hates being surrounded like that, especially if you can throw in Misaki and/or Taelor poking through a gap between the bases. ;)

Edited by AoM

• 2 weeks later...

from what i can gather, if u can set it up right, convict and hans are mega together. Gunner goes first, surpressing fire the enemy with a saved card for a last activation head shot off hans.

the sell cards to activate the surpressed and then struggle with hans' headshot discard at the end.

looks like win to me :D

oh ye then victoria just slices ur face clean off. :)

The list im aiming for wen i learn the game from the starter box is:

Viktorias

student of conflict

Tealor

hans

gunslinger

shoots hard, hits hard, and makes u discard to death :)

hopefully (theoryfaux ftw)

Edited by Jimbo