Help me decide

gregdorf

I am going to run a demo at the LGS sometime mid to late October. In this demo the plan is to run just 3 models for the factions, I think this will be enough to give the players a strong feel for the game. The two factions I am going to run is Res Vs. Guild. With the Res I was think Mort and two punk zombies and with the guild I was thinking the Judge and two death marshals. My big plan to encourage people to try the game I am going to have a raffle for every person that plays. At the end of the day I want to give away one starter set, one booster, and the coloring book. I am fairly sure what I want to do for the booster, but I have broken my pick for the starter down to 3 different packs. The M&SU, Ortegas, and the Viks are my main picks. If there any other thoughts please feel free to post them.

In terms of simplicity to learn, the Ortegas are the most straight forward. The Vics can be a mixed bag but are relatively clear in what you are supposed to do with the group. The M&SU, while relatively linear in their game play are actually pretty challenging to get to work right.

Are you planning on buying this set? Will your LGS have them all in stock? (Is this happening at an LGS?) More details! It will be easier to help in a more meaningful way if we know more about what is going on.

I will provide everything, I want to limit the demo models to the death marshals and punks zombies. The raffled stuff is purely a bribe to get people to try the game. I am not sure if I can get the LGS will carry any product for this game. They only order through Alliance and they tend to shy away from non-GW product. I am going to pressure the owner a little bit to try and see if there is any possible way he will provide some stock, but if he does not it would not surprise me.

The reason I picked those three are purely aesthetic reasons, along with what I believe are generally more popular starters.

Ahh. OK then I would go with the Ortegas. They are easier to understand from a beginning with Malifaux standpoint and their companion ability is easy to see, use and clearly powerful. (Flashy abilities make for happy gamers!)

Just be sure that the Errata is available for the person to help explain some of the issues. Hopefully there will be a FAQ available for you when you have the event as well.

I would steer clear of Ramos, because of the ease of grasping the game with the other two boxes. Ranged combat and melee appeal to different styles, so it might be worth getting both and letting the winner pick, if you want one of the others for yourself. Otherwise, my vote would be for the Ortegas, because I think they look better.

Well I have an official date for Demo

It will be held on Saturday, October 31st and will start at 1pm.

Agents of Comics will host

The location is

1309 W. 31st south

Wichita, Kansas

Every person that participates will get a raffle ticket that will give them a chance to win one of three items. A wyrd coloring book, a Convict gunslinger blister, or the vote winning starter.

As a side note I talked to the owner of Agents and he is willing to try and get some product but would like to know who are distributors of Wyrd product.

I voted for the Viktorias as well, as they can be used by most of the other factions. While I personally want to get into the M&SFU, it does seem to be difficult to use the starter box without major modifications.

I was not disappointed, upon study, the capabilities of the Viktoria crew, even though it was one of the remaining crews left to purchase.