New to the forums... hi? :)

Undead Content

Hello everybody.

I'm new to the forums and thought I'd make my first post as the notices suggests :P

I don't have the rulebook (yet) nor the miniatures (yet), but I'm thinking of buying some resurrectionists... Both Seamus & Nicodem starter sets + nurses & Sybelle. That way I have everything I want from Resurrectionists... though is there some kind of a mercenary system? Do Outcasts serve as hired swords? If so, I may have to purchase some more models :D

But anyways, do you think that kind of an investment would keep the game fresh and allow plenty of different crew lists to be made?

Also, what ELSE do I need besides miniatures and rule book? Some kind of a fate deck? Any other decks?

Thank you!

Welcome!

Sybelle comes in the Seamus starter box, so you won't have to purchase a second one. (Unless you really want to that is ;))

There are Mercenaries indeed!

You do have to pay extra (soulstones) for them though.

A Fate Deck is needed. But if you can't get one of the official Wyrd ones, a regular deck of playing cards will work.

Yeah, be careful though because not all the outcasts are Mercenaries, they are just a group within the Outcasts with Viktoria as their master. But if it's not a pig, gremlin, or flesh/machine hybrid, it's probably got a good chance of being a mercenary :D

Oh, and welcome to the forums!!

Okay... maybe I refrain from the mercenaries until I purchase the rulebook, then. It's kinda sad that my chances of getting to play Malifaux are pretty abysmal until next years july-august D: But at least I got time to polish my collection and master the rules in theory :)

What Outcasts have caught your eye? We'll happily tell you who will sell their services for coin or stones. Convict Gunslinger and Taelor are excellent choices. Bishop is too.

Well Leveticus is cool for sure but I think he's a Master and would two Masters in a crew be no-no?

I guess Hamelin the rat catcher would be a nice addition too, and of course Bishop is a cute, angsty boy so who can really resist him? Aesthetically Killjoy would fit in, too, if not playing the pretty undead. I think those were the outcasts I liked to some degree, at least. Are there mercenaries in any other factions?

Hamelin is good against the Living, and his bully ability will make it so any of the short models can't hit him. but he's spendy at 9ss (10 for hiring from another faction)

Killjoy is nasty but in low SS games he's very pricy. think about using him in 40+ games. otherwise at 11ss he's pricy.

Bishop is the man for all occasions he's got a trigger for every suit and he's a mean ol' melee brawler. (he's burly but he'll cost about 11ss [12ss out of faction])

Leveticus is definitely a master, and depending on the game size, you can do two masters, just remember if you use Levi, it puts a major damper on what you can use for your crew.