New Lady J player looking for help

scythewing

Just put together my Lady Justice box along with a blister of whichling stalkers. They get the paint next then hitting the table.

I have some questions about the Lady J and her crew. I know they are a melee force but what is good to add to them to balance them out to take on all comers? I noticed they are very good against undead but what about the rest of the factions?

I very much like the Executioner, Hans, and Taelor not to mention the Peacekeeper looks cool but is not out yet. Any info on these would be helpful like if they are any good to use in my force.

I've not got or read the rulebook yet *mumble grumble stupid post strike* but as I understand it isn't the Convict Gunslinger a pretty good ranged solution that can be taken by Lady J's crew?

You'd have to check tho, and forgive me if he's either a bit balls or won't hire out as a merc. heh. Like I said, still waiting for rulebook *mumble grumble*. ;)

Lady J's crew is pretty well rounded, the anti-undead thing is more of a perk than a specialty. They are still quite competitive against other enemies.

I've not got or read the rulebook yet *mumble grumble stupid post strike* but as I understand it isn't the Convict Gunslinger a pretty good ranged solution that can be taken by Lady J's crew?

You can hire Outcast models with the Mercenary trait (and this does include the Convict Gunslinger) but keep in mind that models hired from outside your faction cost one extra Soulstone. I think it's generally worthwhile to first look and see if a faction model can fill the role.

Death Marshalls already bring some shooting to the table, but if you want more I might consider one of the Ortegas.

Assuming you will be starting with a 25ss force, your box has 19ss worth of models so that gives you 6 to work with. That's just short of picking up the Executioner or some of the more expensive Ortegas but you could get Francisco or a Guild Austringer. If you want one of those more expensive guys you could either swap out Judge to make room or else drop one of the Death Marshalls. I like of like the idea of Francisco plus an extra Soulstone myself though but keep in mind that's purely theory as I haven't gotten to play a full game yet, just a demo and some sample interactions.

LJ is a great melee master. Her undead abilities make the Res cry but she is solid against just about anything.

Don't have the book in front of me but for a 25 point scrap, its not a bad idea to drop one of your marshals and add the executioner. If I recall correctly that will leave you 3 extra stones for LJ to play with. At least if you want to play an in your face melee game.

As others have said, mercs are great but sometimes there are cheaper options in your faction. Hans is a lot of fun but in a Guild crew Nino works almost as well and is a few points cheaper.

Thanks for the info I thought that mercs were an acception to the rule of plus one soulstone but that makes sence.

I think I might have to pick up the Executioner and might be holding off on the mercs for now. Looks like ill wait for some of the new models like Guild Austringer or Peacekeeper to come out to fill out the rest of my force. I already have the Whitchling Stalkers for when I start expanding my force. The stalkers seem fun with the anti magic thing going for them can't wait to try them.