Hello from sunny the UK

mr potato head

Hi,

I came across Malifaux via the D6 generation and since then my gaming group are getting very excited about the game. Personally, I haven't played yet but find the miniatures gorgeous. I'll be looking at a mates copy of the rules shortly. I'm particularly taken with the So'mer Teeth and Gremlin set and also the Zoraida Hag's Puppet set. A quick question if I may, and hopefully in the right section, are these sets ok as starting forces or would I need to boost them with some other models. Sorry for the noob like question. Can't wait to see a game and get involved with one too.

Cheers.

Hi and welcome to wyrd! glad we caught your attention. To answer your questions, the box sets are playable crews in the game. They might be rather small however, and particularly the Gremlin box set could use a little boost from some additional gremlins or pigs (hog whisperer and piglets will do the trick!). I believe the Gremlins come in at 16 soul stones total, and even starter games tend to be around 25, so 3 piglets at 3 SS each will fill up the list, and with a hog whisperer you'll be at 30.