1st Scrap - Rasputina vs Seamus

mbowsher76

So, a couple nights ago my son and I got our first game in. He used his Red Chappel Gang box and I used my Cult of December box.

We played a simple kill them all style game as we were more concerned with getting the mechanics figured out.

We set up a cool graveyard board (lots of cool plastic graves/open graves and fences I got at Gencon) and Seamus won first turn. He moved Seamus up to a grave and used (1) interact to gain a corpse token.

I moved Rasputina up behind a gravemound and waited.

After that the first round was mostly moving forward. His last Belle tried to lure one of my Ice Gamin but did not get the cast off.

Second round I got initiative. Moved the Golem up a bit and used his aura (which I can't remeber the name of for the life of me). He activated Sybelle and used companion to also use a Belle (both just moved...no good targets for Lure yet).

Rasputina then activated and with the Aura from the Golem, got some nasty hits on a Belle with Biting Chill. Then December's Curse finished off the Belle.

Seeing one of his rotten beauties fall, Seamus uses the corpse token and was able to cast the spell to summon a new Belle. This could be a deadly ability once my son learns to use it well.

My Gamin all move up with the fartherst using his aura (same as the Golem's) to catch the rest of the Gamin.

His Belles just moved as well (I think one tried lure unsuccessfully again).

Third round. Seamus wins initiative and has a Belle moved forward and smack my Gamin with her grimy umbrella. We thought it reduced him to 1 Wd but forgot armor 1, so he had two left.

The Gamin retaliated and with the Belle's hard to wound was only able to put a little damage on her.

Seamus decided to take matters into his own hand. He moved up and lined up a shot with his Flintlock on my Golem, but OH NO, the Black Joker is flipped and he fails the shot.

The Golem does not like being shot at, he charges Seamus and gets in some decent hits, but the Hard to Wound 2 keeps Seamus with a few Wds left.

A Belle moves up next to Seamus and gets a damage or two on the Golem.

Rasputina sees Sybelle coming up and casts Biting Chill and December's Curse and gets her down to just a couple wounds.

Sybelle shambles forward, trying to close the distance to Rasputina.

An Ice Gamin charges her and finishes her off, but her Slow to die results in the Gamin dying as well.

Any other models just move forward a bit more.

Next round.

Because the Golem hit Seamus and damaged him (don't remember if it was a trigger or just a built in ability) Seamus had slow this round.

He won initiative again and tried to summon another Belle, but failed. He used fast to use a soulstone to heal a few wounds back.

A Gamin finished off another Belle.

A Belle finished off another Gamin.

The golem tried to kill Seamus but did very little damage (bad flips).

The last Belle took another couple strikes at the Golem and did little damage.

Rasputina casts Biting Chill and December's Curse again and finishes off Seamus (yay!)

Final Round I get Initiative and the Golem finishes off the last Belle.

That is very paraphrased as it was a couple days ago and we spent a lot of time in that game checking and rechecking rules as we got more familiar with the game.

One thing I found, Rasputina is a casting machine. Not only that, Frozen Heart makes dealing with undead/terrifying models a breeze.

The Ice Gamin are much more tough and hard hitting than I would have expected.

We have another game tonight, hope to have a report tomorrow!