Tuesday Tussles at RIW Hobbies, Livonia, MI

nerdelemental

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I was just banned too from the other forum. Hows the Wyrd boys doin over here? Wait its the same guys lol. Anyway Pam is still out of convict gunslingers :( if any one sees that she has one can you let me know right away. Thanks you. I would like to add that this game relaxes me and is a very good well needed break from page 5 non sence LOL (self inflicted lol)

Well I was just banned too from the other forum. Hows the Wyrd boys doin over here? Wait its the same guys lol. Anyway Pam is still out of convict gunslingers :( if any one sees that she has one can you let me know right away. Thanks you. I would like to add that this game relaxes me and is a very good well needed break from page 5 non sence LOL (self inflicted lol)

Oops...that's was me buying it from Jackson, lol!

Pam says that all of her distributors are shut down for these two weeks. My guess is that we'll see everything the second or third week of Jan.

PP boards are getting on my nerves just about every place I step.

As if my hiatus wasn't already deserved and justified, their current power tripping just sank several long steel shanks into the lid of a coffin.

Pam says that all of her distributors are shut down for these two weeks. My guess is that we'll see everything the second or third week of Jan.

As if my hiatus wasn't already deserved and justified, their current power tripping just sank several long steel shanks into the lid of a coffin.

2nd week of Jan, gotcha!

Wow Dave, very poetic! Nice job

Couldn't agree more, I thought they had decided to do something good today after reading a post about their Jan 6 releases. Was wrong, they are still planning to continue with the faction/ Codex non-sense.

@ Hollywoodf3

The page 5 stuff does get rather annoying.

Bowsh, that was a phenomenal game. I thought it was yours several times, especially after the double Joker screwing on my assassination run. I dumped so many resources into taking that tart out, including my Red Joker on the damage only to get screwed by your red on the damage prevention and then my black joker flipped on the second attack (after dropping my last good card and soulstone [iIRC] on breaking through her Wp check just to attack her. Ugh. Fun times, though.

Mav, good game, too! And I'll be shooting PM's to several peeps soon about some of our questions that came up. Specifically, what's a friggin' "attack".

edit:

and Bowsher beat me to the punch on this one! Looks like we got one right. I are so smrt. Ess. Em. Are. Tee.

Edited by nerdelemental

• 3 months later...

Rise from your grave!

Hey Dave, thanks for the game yesterday! It was good to see Pandora in action, cause it wasn't anything like I thought! Very interesting and powerful. Not unstoppable though. sadly, it just wasn't in the cards for me yesterday (literally!)

She is quite unlike alot of what I've faced, and her mobility and defence are quite amazing. The direct damage is something else too. I'll have to chat with Martyr about her, cause I know he likes her epic form but not the regular model. He might REALLY dig that playstyle though! Now that I have seen it, I think it's right up his alley.

I'll have to keep in mind to play Justice different than I normally do. Her gun and the Judge's gun were too far away, and I needed more shots early than I normally do to clear off the sorrows and deal with the little bastards. I think if I'd had a couple better cards and a different deploy, it would have gone alot better for me.

Definitely more powerful and trickier than I thought. But no matter how tricky you are, it's nothing a couple of well-aimed peacekeeper shots can't handle. ;)

Glad you brought this up from the earth.

Yeah, I enjoyed the game, although I'm always hesitant to say it when I'm in the winner's seat. Part of why I chose to bring her against you is because I thought you'd always gone against more straightforward masters than her and you'd appreciate some trickery (I would have done Zoraida but her whole crew is at home on my desk).

I do not (nor have ever) thought that she's as unstoppable as people fear. A big part of the problem when facing her is that she's so different and confuses people. It's hard to tell what to take down or how to. Even striking against Pandora is something people avoid because they're like "Yeah, but with the soulstones she'll just make me lose." True, but she needs those stones, so burning them out of her just so she doesn't take a pop in the head will eventually be her undoing, too.

It is tons of fun to drop her right in the heart of the opposition and the opponent goes, "Her defense is 2? Eight wounds? She's so fragile." Yep. Here she is. Have fun.

Yeah, I enjoyed the game, although I'm always hesitant to say it when I'm in the winner's seat.

First of all, what the hell kinda BS is this!? Come on, man! You had fun and you know it! Just enjoy yerself, dammit! :P Jeeze...

Part of why I chose to bring her against you is because I thought you'd always gone against more straightforward masters than her and you'd appreciate some trickery (I would have done Zoraida but her whole crew is at home on my desk).

This is probably accurate. Hard for me to guage, being still fairly new.

Even striking against Pandora is something people avoid because they're like "Yeah, but with the soulstones she'll just make me lose." True, but she needs those stones, so burning them out of her just so she doesn't take a pop in the head will eventually be her undoing, too.

It is tons of fun to drop her right in the heart of the opposition and the opponent goes, "Her defense is 2? Eight wounds? She's so fragile." Yep. Here she is. Have fun.

No doubt I had those same thoughts. But overcoming her WP checks is rough. Those checks + auto damage + a couple bad hands did in my plans. In retrospect, I should have stoned for int. in a couple of those turns to get early shots off while I had enough good cards to pass a check. It was a game where I had to figure out the trick you were showing me, so I think I made some non-optimal moves. Plus having a couple cases where you got a good flip or high cheat and added an 11+ with a stone pretty much made me auto-lose a couple key duels.

I think she is managable, but if you don't know her trick, it will hose you. I think shooting out the sorrows was a good choice. I just had a couple bad shots and no hand to help (like the Judge moving in to BB her and having to toss out his casting guarantee to pass WP and winding up failing the spell). I can think of a couple places like that in our game where I just needed non-crap cards. Plus my normal deployment trick wound up hurting me in this case. next time, I think I'll have yer number though. ;)

Edited by paradox

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any chance the game was captured (with pics) for posterity (and hosting on twilight emporium)?

Oh by the way let me know if you want any inspirational pics for terrain building. Nawlins has some awesome architecture and a fairly unique look.

Edited by Omenbringer

I think Josh got a few pics, actually. Used his rocky terrain board, which I think is my favorite of his aesthetically. It was a really good and interesting 3 player game right to the end. Mav with Ramos, jmphisdog with McMourning, and me with Perdita.

Naturally, for a minute there I thought I was fully in the drivers seat - Perdita decisively cutting Joss apart with seemingly little difficulty. Samael and Executioner casually coming up behind. Ramos was without Joss and the Steamborg at that point and McMourning had little I thought to be overly concerned about. Two turns later and I'm down to a beat-to-hell Witchling and an Executioner looking very puzzled.

The winner? F'ing Ramos that cut the board apart all by himself and very smart placement of the Electrical Creation bombardment.

Great game. 18 body parts on McM by the end, Josh? One or two summoned Flesh Constructs when it was all said and done?